High Protein, Low Fat

Options
124»

Replies

• janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Giving your son the best you can is great!!! It's more than some people do. It's fantastic!!!

But the problem is somewhere along the line he will question why these, to him, arbitrary rules about good and regular food only apply to him and not to you.

Kids clock these things. They are very quick to pick up on the "do as I say not as I do".

He doesn't see you stuff your face with rubbish. Granted. But he sees you drinking alcohol daily and having nothing but a polo mint for lunch.

Can I please try to make it clear once again that my son does NOT see me drinking daily and living off a polo mint.
    He is at school during the day and I only drink at night.
    What sort of mother do you think I am?!

So the fact that he doesn't see it makes it ok?

I'm bailing this thread as I don't want you to feel anyone is having a go. But you came to the forum for advice - you were given advice. I guess it's up to you to ask yourself some questions and make choices that suit you.

My son does see me drink daily - so what? I can't even see with all the soap boxes stacked up in here.

There's nothing wrong with drinking daily. Yes, there is something wrong with drinking irresponsibly, but that's not the same thing. Sheesh, a lot of the people posting here could probably use a drink, from what I'm reading...

Alcohol is part of western culture (others too, but I only want to make assertions about what I know most about). It makes a lot more sense to cultivate a level of understanding and respect for alcohol and what it can do, and the risks, etc., than pretending it doesn't exist. Kids will make their own choices about alcohol, not our choices. Give them the tools to do it wisely.

And having a drink a day is nothing to feel bad about.

My thoughts exactly. You'd think I was rolling around drunk all day ffs!
    Funny how some people seem to think advice and judgement are the same thing.......
  • janemem
    Options
    I may give them a go then, I'm going to a health food shop today so I'll ask for them. Thanks :)
  • janemem
    Options
    Giving your son the best you can is great!!! It's more than some people do. It's fantastic!!!

But the problem is somewhere along the line he will question why these, to him, arbitrary rules about good and regular food only apply to him and not to you.

Kids clock these things. They are very quick to pick up on the "do as I say not as I do".

He doesn't see you stuff your face with rubbish. Granted. But he sees you drinking alcohol daily and having nothing but a polo mint for lunch.

Can I please try to make it clear once again that my son does NOT see me drinking daily and living off a polo mint.

I'm bailing this thread as I don't want you to feel anyone is having a go. But you came to the forum for advice - you were given advice. I guess it's up to you to ask yourself some questions and make choices that suit you.

Did you take a look at the OP's diary? She is having a lot more than one drink a day. None of my business, frankly, but there is something wrong when she says she cannot afford to buy fish, but is able to afford several drinks a day (vodka, wine, stuff I didn't recognize). This is even more of a problem because she is severely undereating, and half her calories are from alcohol (just to give you an idea, she is eating/drinking something like 900 cals a day and of that, 400+ is from alcohol).

One or two glasses of wine a night and vodka (which most nights doesn't get finished, it goes in the fridge for the next night. So shoot me!
  • janemem
    Options

My son does see me drink daily - so what? I can't even see with all the soap boxes stacked up in here.

There's nothing wrong with drinking daily. Yes, there is something wrong with drinking irresponsibly, but that's not the same thing. Sheesh, a lot of the people posting here could probably use a drink, from what I'm reading...

Alcohol is part of western culture (others too, but I only want to make assertions about what I know most about). It makes a lot more sense to cultivate a level of understanding and respect for alcohol and what it can do, and the risks, etc., than pretending it doesn't exist. Kids will make their own choices about alcohol, not our choices. Give them the tools to do it wisely.

So what? This is a website dedicated to health. You post in the forum asking for advice when your diary clearly shows you have no desire to be healthy. There are many anorexia sites that might be more up your alley. ;)

Thanks for that. ;-)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    quark,
    low fat high protein and make it with eggs ect FAB makes omlettes really creamy ect! :bigsmile: