Your thoughts on Green Tea

Options
Do flavored green tea's have the same health Benefits as just Green Tea? Is there a certain brand that gives you those benefits or is it just any green tea store bought brand, any flavor?

Replies

• cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it depends on the brand, quality is important. Some grocery store brands are very low quality. I've been told (not sure if true) that the leaves are important so it's best to get loose leaf tea rather than regular bagged so you actually get the leaves and not other bits of the plant. I've also heard matcha green tea is excellent (it's a powder) I like it for smoothies and recipes (green tea ice cream, etc.)

When I was in China the green tea was GREEN. Sometimes green tea I've bought here in Canada is barely green or not at all. I use colour as a test.

This is just info I've gotten from my tea enthusiast friends so I don't know how accurate it is.

Depending on where the extra flavour is coming from, I'd assume it would have the same benefits (if it's coming from other tea leaves, fruit or flowers). If it's green tea flavouring added to another tea, I wouldn't think so.