What are your fun workouts?

Options
Please, if you can, limit answers to stuff you do that does not involve following along with a DVD. I'm looking for originality here.

The most effective exercises are the ones you can do most frequently, so the stuff you find enjoyable will probably yield the best results. For me it's:

Suspension trainer calisthenics
Medicine ball training (specifically the kind you can only do with a hard, bouncy ball)
Jumping rope
Burpees (yes I ENJOY doing them)

Replies

• bluegrasschica
    Options
    I love zumba. It's a fun way to burn off those calories!
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I honestly just love to walk/jog. For an hour, I feel like I am in the "zone" is I am walking by other people. I feel like I am in my own little world listening to music and no one can stop me :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Intervals on the treadmill at an incline.

Super fun.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love medicine ball training! Throwing things at people is fun. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Variations of pull-us on monkey bars or other outdoor equipment.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Mile repeats (running) or long aerobic bike rides.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Kinda sadistic, anything that requires me to see stars from exertion. Heavy squats and deadlifts are probably the most fun!
  • gr8dayao
    gr8dayao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hula Hooping!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Zumba For sure!
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    By far a love kickboxing with resistance
  • ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to walk/jog, I do that outside most days. But I also love Zumba! I do that 2 days a week with a class, not with a dvd. Although, I have the dvd's, your right, it's not as much fun.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Zumba...even if I am completely uncoordinated. I'm sure it isn't fun for anyone to watch..lol! :laugh:
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Archery takes the cake... Nothing like working those arms and being deadly at the same time.
    I would so win the Hunger Games :p
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A good long run. My favourite run takes me along the banks of the Ottawa River and no matter how many times I run the same route there is something new to see plus I find long runs to be incredibly relaxing and meditative.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Play tennis with my husband...we suck but it works up a sweat. I won't mention the other things I do with him :happy: ! Also love love to kayak!
  • nc_blue82
    nc_blue82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love all the Body classes: Pump, Balance, Combat and Attack. I did like Step but not sure i like the classes at the new gym i joined a few months ago. Combat is brilliant, and i really miss it, as i can only go to the gym weekedays, and the classes are on the weekends.

All pretty aggressive classes, and somewhat similar intensity to when i played rugby. Oh, i miss RUGBY
  • GIDGEFIT7
    GIDGEFIT7 Posts: 9
    Options
    I like walking with my dog. I also may just spontaniously dance for a while - to fun songs or fast paced worship music.:happy:
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love hiking cross country, or hiking the mountains!! I get a much harder workout on my treadclimber but it isn't as much fun : )
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    pole dancing!!!

don't knock it til you try it ladies...funnest workout EVER.
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As lame as it sounds, I love the Leg Press.

I also love doing Pilates, Yoga, Cxwork, Belly Dancing and am waiting til next week start Boxing, Zumba, Aqua Zumba and SH'Bam!