Not the greatest, but it's someting...

Options
lindsay1982
lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
Just wanted to let all of you, my new friends :flowerforyou: , know that I am down 4 pounds. Not a significant number, but it's better than gaining 4 pounds. I LOVE THIS SITE!! :love: I was terrified when I first used the food diary, and thought, "No wonder your overweight, look what you eat ina day!?!?!" :noway: I am getting better at looking at the label on EVERYTHING!! Also, I have been weighing in each week, and am actually giddy the day or so before I weigh, b/c I KNOW I have been bustin' my butt to lose wieght. My husband actually has been running these last couple of months and went from a pants size of 48 to 44, almost 42, but 42 fits good in the waist, just a little snug ont he thighs, so I tell him he's a 43 :laugh: . So, this goes to anyone who says I CAN'T, b/c I am telling you, YOU CAN!!! I was a skeptic, but not anymore. Hope everyone has a great day and an awesome weekend!!:happy:

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good for you and your hubby! Great job!

I'm with ya, I was a skeptic too, people tell you "you eat too much" but that's not the reality, sometimes you are eating just the WRONG stuff or not enough!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hey...4 lbs is 4 lbs!! That is a great start! Keep the momentum going and you are sooo right...we CAN do this!!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I agree... I haven't been on in a while because I was pregnant...and just lost the motivation (not being able to lose weight) but had such success before I became pregnant that my husband and I just started back up just a couple weeks after our son was born. We are already having great results! We love this site... It makes losing weight so much more simple...not to mention healthier!
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :wink: Yeah, I was eating ALL the wrong stuff. For one, I went to McDonald's twice a day, breakfast & lunch. And, I supersized 95% of the time. First of all, WHOA, calorie and fat overload, but SODIUM, no wonder my ankles always looked like part of my calf!! :sad: But, thanks again, I love this site and log in right when I get to work and leave the page up all day. Then, when I get home, I get on it again. I :heart: MFP!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're off to a good start. Keep up the good work, you'll get there. And good for hubby for losing weight too. :flowerforyou:
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! :D

Yeah, it can be a real wake-up call seeing what you used to eat if you put it into the food diary. I was eating THOUSANDS of calories over what I should have been eating even to just maintain my present weight. It was an eye opener.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!