I think it's over..

Options
124»

Replies

• Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I feel like the sugar thing was a long time coming. I started out watching it, then caved and now it's like I try to not even LOOK at it.

If you're not diabetic I wouldn't worry about tracking sugar, just try to stay within your calories because you go over on those as well quite a bit. Might be easier if you're just focusing one thing then several things as well since you do go over alot of them.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just hit a plateau. That's how I got here. I exercise at night, it's my best time of day (and it helps me sleep better!!!) but one thing I don't do after my workout is eat back my calories. Unless I'm super hungry, those burned off calories stay that way. If you workout in the daytime, that's fine, go ahead and add some extras during your mealtimes. But if it's around 8 pm tops, I'd burn them off and eat again the next day. Eating back your calories could be how you got where you are. So see what works for you, after all, I'm no expert!!! :laugh:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You don't have to go low carb unless you have an actual medical reason to do so. I did have to start being stricter with mine because I wasn't getting my protein and healthy fats in. So, it's not so much that I watch my carbs as much as I try to push my protein and fats OVER carbs.

You also don't have to give up all your favorite sweets. I don't even track sugar because it would always be over due to the fruit I eat. Then it would just make be depressed... but that fruit is a LOT better then what I used to eat!

You don't have that much more to lose so I would make sure you are not trying to lose too much per week (and thus dropping your calories too low).

Gonna toss you a friend's request... if you need to vent you can always PM me =)
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be harsh but this is my opinion:
    If you want to lose weight, shouldn't you be doing everything you can to make that happen?

Yup.

I feel like maybe, given that it's close the year-mark, that the "newness" of this is wearing off and it's just easier to coast? I guess cuz eating like this (or close to) got 28ish pounds off me.

I think I need a bit of maintenance time and then jump back in at a deficit. I need to make a plan.

A good idea. I lost 25 pounds from September to January. And I enjoyed working out on a regular basis. But February I started to get bored and not enjoy so much. I stayed at same weight for February, March...I took a break in April and just maintained and didn't worrry about hitting the gym every day, etc. Now I'm back on it and enjoying working out again.

sometimes you need a few weeks or a couple months of maintenance and no worries.