ARRRG how do I survive my period!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• deborahjr
    deborahjr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am also about to come on and for the past 4 days I have been constantly STARVING... I just tried to eat healthy filling stuff and exercise and when my cravings reach their peak...for me at night, I just go to sleep and wait for another day to start. One day at a time, just don't give in TODAY!!!! ;-)
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    Craving fatty snacks means you really need CALCIUM- instead, eat: mustard, turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame

Check out more about cravings and what we should replace them with here: http://healthwellness808.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cravings1.jpg

Great Info Laramikk. :happy:

Thanks for the advice.

I've actually started taking Calcium supplement (1200mg per day) against PMS a few weeks ago. Not at the cravings-state yet, but it definitely improved my irritability - I don't break out in tears for no reason anymore! It is a huge improvement.
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to eat...anything, my lower back is killing me, the period is round the corner! How the hell am I supposed to stay on track when my womb is controlling my body!!

Sage and Ginger are my best friends around that time. They help to control my cramps and "blah" mood.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's one, maybe one and a half days out of the month .. decide the one thing that will make you feel the very best and have it. There is no reason to put yourself through torture for the sake of a 'diet'. One cheeseburger, even one day of cheeseburgers and fries will not ruin an entire month's worth of work.

THIS. That one really bad day of the month is a freebie. If I behave myself the rest of the month, I have had no problem eating things like pizza and ice cream and chocolate when the horrible cravings hit. It didn't harm my weight loss. The trick is to get it out of my system on that day and go back to normal eating the next day, instead of agonizing over the cravings.
  • amyschintler
    Options
    That sounds really nice. Will have to try that one:)