bump
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • FloridaJenn
    FloridaJenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Everything" bagel thins, spread w/philly 1/3 less fat garden veggie cream cheese, topped w/sliced cucumbers!
  • katiewilliams7
    katiewilliams7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love slicing them and tomatos and putting some Balsamic Vinegar Dressing (in the gluten free section of the store there is one brand that has 0 calories, 0 carbs... 0 everything). Eat it cold and it is very good.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just made this recipe yesterday that has tons of cucumbers in it. I think you can use the sauce on any pita sandwich, though.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-rosemary-lamb-pita-10000000577224/
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I peel them, cut them into thick slices, and let sit overnight in a ziplock bag with balsamic vinaigrette. YUM!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Cucumber salad.....peel if want, mandolin slice very thin, also finely slice onions, add vinegar and some sweetner. Let marinate few hours. I usually use 1 onion and 2 cukes.

Some recipes (google away) also use mayo and add some dill weed. The vinegar (you don't use all that much) will get the juices to run from the cukes so don't freak out at the small amount of liquid you start with. I've made it with sugar as well as low cal sweetners and I have used mayo in the past (4tbsp of each ingredient). Its up to your taste buds of course.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Other than a salad, what can I do with cucumbers? I know I can dip them in ranch or something but I bought 2 in the hopes of snacking but I'm wondering if there is better use....

Some great ideas in this thread. When I read the first line above, I thought, "Oh boy. Now, THAT'S a can of worm that was opened." Yes, I have a gutter mind.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love 'em sliced with a little pinch of garlic salt!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Slice them into 1-1 1/2" thick slices, scoop out a bowl in the middle and fill with chicken salad, tuna salad, hummus.....yummy. I got this idea from a kids cookbook--you can use olives, pimentos, etc to make faces on top.
  • Tarah904
    Tarah904 Posts: 20
    Options
    I cut mine up and mix them w/ fresh chopped tomato, a reduced fat mozzarella cheese stick (cut in thin slices) and marinate it all in red wine vinegar w/ crushed red pepper & ground pepper. Of course you can do w/out the crushed red pepper but I like to spice things up! :)
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cut them up in sticks along with some mango, oranges, coconut chunks and watermelon...squeeze some lemon on top and sprinkle some salt.. add some chile powder and you have yourself a Pico De Gallo and I dont mean the salsa type with tomatoes, onions and jalapeno. This is fruit pico de gallo..the other one I call salsa fresca
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Cucumber sandwiches.

I like to eat cucumber slices with my meal, you don't even need a beverage that way.

YES!! more precisely cucumber and peanut butter sanwiches!! THE BEST! And yes just plain with a little salt.......YUMMO!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I add them to my sandwiches also :)
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I like to cut them in rounds, and eat them like chips with salt and pepper or a little fat free salad dressing and dip them :)
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    sliced cucumbers, sliced red onion, chunks of tomato, fresh basil, chopped garlic, some EVOO and some balsamic vingegar. Toss, then do a touch of fresh ground sea salt and pepper. YUM-O!!!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    you can sautee them in olive oil along with onion and green beans and eat them next to grilled chicken breast (:

what? this sounds awesome! i need to try it next week :)
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cucumber salad - slice the cucumber very thin, add some thin sliced white onion, some rice vinegar, and a tsp or two of your choice sweetener. let it sit for a couple hours and then enjoy
  • Dalacombe
    Dalacombe Posts: 30
    Options
    I put them in a sandwich with cream cheese, onion, salt and pepper on toast...YUM