Gym Costs?

Options
2»

Replies

• SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Options
    I pay $40/month at Gold's. They tried to originally get me for $60/month with a registration fee of around $100 or more. At some places, getting gym membership is like buying a car, you gotta haggle a bit.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    Just curious...how much do you all pay for the gym each month? We live in a smaller town and don't have a Bally's or any other popular gym that give good promo deals. We do have some smaller ones and an athletic club which all seem to be pretty expensve (about $45/mo). Just curious what you all pay. :) Thanks!

I workout in my homegym. LOL! Cost me $49.99 one time (TurboJam) and dont have to pay anything else. :D
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I pay $34 a month for a one-year EFT account at The Weight Club. No initiation/annual fees, and I get to go to any branch. I have one 2 minutes from my house, and one 2 minutes from my job. :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I'm paying 70 something for a family membership at the Y. I've been debating dropping it and getting just a membership for me at a cheaper gym, but I know as soon as I do that, the kids will all of a sudden decide they want to start going:laugh: :laugh:
  • chattycathy56
    Options
    I can't do the gym thing because once it gets hard, say on a treadmill, I get bored and get off. A year ago however I joined a jazzercise class (yes, you read right, jazzercise- right from the 70's). It is so much fun- seriously. I pay 50/month for unlimited classes. Most important, one year later I'm still going.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I pay 44$ a month at Shapes including Day Care.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Me and my fiance pay $50 a month for both of us at Anytime Fitness. Open 24 hrs. Tanning, a million weights, showers, and free classes. (shadow boxing, yoga, the dance one I can't think of for the life of me and a few more.) There's no daycare but we got the first month free and we only had to pay for the electronic passes. We love it! it's small enough to be cheap but large enough that'd we'd never had to wait for a machine.

Oh and my fav part is if one of us looses a job we get out of our 2 yr contract by paying $50. If we're injured and can't work out we give them a dr's note saying we need x amount of months off and they put a hold on our bill until we're cleared. (obviously we can't go to the gym in that time.)

We got tons of free stuff for signing up too. Shirts, waterbottles, wrist bands, towels and we get a free personal trainer for 2 hours whenever we want. (So 4 hours total since there's 2 of us.)

Lol geez, do I love this gym or what??
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i use the pay as you go option at my gym, i dont know if they have that in the US but maybe ask?
    i only pay £2.35 each visit which is about $3/$4
  • chickalistic
    chickalistic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the YMCA fees vary so much by location. We have 8 of us (self, boyfriend and 6 kids) and ours is $52.00 a month. The only thing I can think of is costs in larger cities being higher and that being passed on to the customer. We have roughly 50,000 where I live.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!