I found the PERFECT EXERCISE!

Options
IT'S THE ONE YOU STICK TO!!!!

For me it's Indo-Row classes. I'm addicted to them. Yes, they are mostly cardio, but they are the densest form of cardio. Since I'm not working right now, I walk 1.25 miles to class and 1.25 miles home. I strength train at home because I can't afford a gym on top of my Indo-Row classes. I honestly can't afford the classes while unemployed, but I can't afford not to!!!! I hope to one day be more consistent with my weight training as I know the advantages. But seriously, the best exercise is the one that you can stick to!

What's your perfect exercise??

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Haven't found the perfect exercise yet but I've got a great routine of walking and exercising with Kinect games like My Fitness Evolved and EA Active 2. Can't afford a membership anywhere so I just do what I can at home. Have to say that I've stuck with exercise so far just because I can change it on certain days.
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    In the winter and fall its the treadmill and Gazelle glider, spring and summer the stationary bike and the Gazelle Glider but my bike just broke so I'm kind of lost.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Anything that's not Yoga. I flip flop from one workout to another so I don't get bored. Walking and HIIT to Body Revolution. Angry Birds workout to Pilates. I'm starting Stronglifts 5X5 Monday! I love being active but I don't like doing the same thing all the time.

You're completely right. The best exercise is the one you can stick with...even if it means rotating between 20 of them!
    :flowerforyou:
  • abbikinder
    Options
    I love my Zumba classes. I also am addicted to the class since I started Zumba and mfp I have dropped 32 pounds since January!! It works for me and I am sticking to it
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Booty Camp (that's not a spelling mistake.) It's expensive but I love having the regular schedule and the workout is different every time.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Walking in place in my room while watching TV. I could do that for hours.
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    spin ... I literally could spin til the cows come home!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's the one or seven that you love.

I love walking the hills in my neighborhood and everywhere around the PNW.

I love kayaking and swimming. I love paddle-boarding, but don't own a board, so I have to beg. Not my best look.

I almost love Zumba. I love the concept, but haven't found the right class yet, and so I'm stuck with DVDs.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Zumba, lifting, walking, and now kayaking. All perfectly addicting!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    swimming! Wish that I was a fish lol
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    RUNNING!!!!!!

I love it!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Elliptical! I could listen to music and elliptical my *kitten* off all day. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of weight left to lose, and need to strength train more to tone up, which takes up my time, so I don't get on as much lately.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    After 2 consecutive rounds of Insanity and then starting p90x on Monday, I was sore, grouchy, and feeling like I did not want to work out. It was drag your heels across the floor to push play time at my house. So I put on my workout clothes, got some music, downloaded a HIIT app on my phone, and went outside to the trampoline. I did trampoline HIITS for 30 minutes and it was SO FUN. Toe touches, star jumps, butt bounces, tuck jumps,etc... Best thing is my 13 year old came out and did it with me. We laughed so hard and time flew by. Plus, I burned about 340 calories during that time. Then my daughter and I did Yoga X together. I am no longer burned out and am less sore believe it or not. Awesome workout.
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Trampolines, Booty Camp, Pole Dancing, Gazelles, Good Ole Walking, Zumba, Spin, Swimming, Elliptical, Running....

Look at you guys! Kick *kitten*!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Jogging, elliptical at a less intense pace, walking, rollerskating, swimming, biking, dancing.
    Hoping to try pilates soon as well.
    I find I am more likely to keep with something if I don't push myself like a madwoman.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I take a Zumba class Monday - Friday. Dont worry about a gym membership because I have a friend on MFP that has lost 80 pounds in five months and never went to a gym, and never used a DVD. You can do it at home.
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I LOVE swimming. I just found the public pool in my town this week, and I'm trying to go at least 5 times a week, even though for now the only swimsuit I have (that will fit me) is my sister's old maternity one :embarassed: I'm hoping I'll be able to fit into a smaller size by the end of the summer :D
  • SamTheIntlDvlpr
    Options
    I play Just Dance 3 on the Wii, ha and i hold 2 controllers instead of 1. Its kinda like a mix of pilates with some dance moves mixed in, and I play for about an hour. I get a great workout - dripping sweat - and 2wice the stars for more dance options :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Agreed - and that goes for the perfect "diet" too - its the one you can stick to.

For me, running is the right exercise. The fact that I can sign up for races gives me a really concrete target to aim for and it is good motivation to keep up the training - whcih is even more important now it is dark and cold and wet in the mornings. I hate winter!