That is SOOOOOOOO awesome!
  • octleigh
    octleigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love it. This is wonderful!!
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    How inspiring! These are memories the two of you will cherish forever! Way to b a gret example to her and us!:happy:
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    awww thats so sweet,

My son wants to do a 5KM with me, hes very fit, active and competitive however Im really slow, :(

I thought he would want to set a time for himself but he said "no mum we will go at your pace, Ill just make your pace a little faster " He is 13 and one of the best motivators I have:) Im really looking forward to the 5KM now :D

I cant even get my other kids off the couch haha
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    So great! And she looks like she's having fun - that's the most important part! Yeah for finding a healthy bonding experience!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! My 11 year old son and I run together too! We did a 5k in May for his school, and now I am training with him for the middle school cross country team. What a great way to bond with your child! Kudos to you for being such a great parent! :flowerforyou:
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker:
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this...while I'm not a runner my husband is and our 5 year old daughter went for her first run with him this week!! She ran a full mile without stopping in about 12 minutes!!
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I can't wait to be able to do these with my son, who is turning 3 in July. My husband has bad knees so he opts out and usually I run races solo. Having a partner and having it be your child must be incredibly fulfilling for you. I can't wait to enjoy the same benefits. I am currently envious. :) Enjoy it.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's really great, glad you and your daughter are running together. It will be especially great as she gets older, a great time to talk too

My son's (17 years old) girlfriend has been running with me, which is pretty cool, The 3 of us are running a 5k on the 4th of July. My first, they are both in cross county. They say they are going to run with me, I keep telling them they should run at there pace, it's ok, but they say no, they will help me run faster....gotta love those kids.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    That's great! My 10yo son and I just started doing C25K, so I guess this is the sort of fun we have to look forward to! My 14yo daughter is also doing C25K, but she runs in the evenings with her friend.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    that's SO cool...
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    That is so sweet!! Great job mom!!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    wow im 21 and i cant even do that yet.im working up to it though
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    LOVE all these stories! We lead by example!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! :) She is gorgeous as is her mom. Good job little girl!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That will keep you young and fit!
  • surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump to share with my daughter who wants to start running with me but is scared. Hopefully will be some motivation.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    that's awesome and what a good example for your daughter. My daughter and granddaughter (4 years old, she rides her bike) walk with me now and it is so special to me and also good for them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!