Think it's too expensive to eat healthy?

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
Think again:

178313_3324130544060_733956430_o.jpg

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Think again:

Problem people are lazy and do not want to take the time to cook and clean the dishes or just don't make time since they are supposedly so busy. People sure would have to take/make the time to cook if there were no more fast foods so to me its mostly a crock..
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh

2 Big Macs = 3
    1 Cheeseburger = 1
    1 6pc nugget = 2.50
    2 medium fries = 3
    2 small fries = 2
    2 medium cokes = 2
    2 small cokes = 2

Total cost: $15.50

What, did they leave a $12.39 tip for the guy in the drive through?
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Think again:

27.89? think again
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yup, it usually has to do with convenience and people not having any time to cook, and yes I agree with the poster that the McDonald's meals for 4 is not that much.........
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but where I live you can not get 2 big macs for 3 dollars. You can barely get one. Same with all the other food. Right now, because they have the $1 drinks all summer long you can get them for that price but outside of summer you definitely can not. $27 bucks for that meal is on par where I live.

On a side note. I haven't eaten at McDonalds or any other fast food restaurant in over 2 years. I don't miss it AT ALL. So repulsive.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Damn it! Now I want a double cheeseburger.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i dont care what anybody says. IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE TO EAT HEALTHY.
    When can you just buy 4 pieces of bread for .75? and 4 baking potatoes for 2.98? I dont think so.
    This is misleading.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It isn't that much at all.

2 big mac meals is under 12 dollars and two kids meals is 6 dollars so it is about 18 dollars. And I have seen them get the same thing large size with all shakes and it was still 23 dollars.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I really don't think many people are that busy, everyone used to have time to cook before we started spending so much time sat in front of screens. It is now that we have to fit in internet time, TV watching etc, that we no longer have time for the real stuff.

<
    fogey
  • jamainet1
    jamainet1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    good point and @wellbert I dont know what area you live where you can get that McDonalds meal for $15
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think McDonalds prices might be regional because that seems about right for where I am, but I live in a city. I know they are cheaper up where my boyfriend is attending school in the country. Also my mom has had this opinion forever, and I showed her we could buy groceries for $40 versus her normal $120. So, eating healthy can be cheaper.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    a big mac is three bucks by itself
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but where I live you can not get 2 big macs for 3 dollars. You can barely get one. Same with all the other food. Right now, because they have the $1 drinks all summer long you can get them for that price but outside of summer you definitely can not. $27 bucks for that meal is on par where I live.

On a side note. I haven't eaten at McDonalds or any other fast food restaurant in over 2 years. I don't miss it AT ALL. So repulsive.

buy a value meal
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You realize prices are different all over right?

That first healthy meal would be 3 times that where I'm from.
    Chicken is 13$ a pound here on a good day.
    Romaine lettuce is 4-5$
    2L of Milk is 5$
    Whole grain bread 5$ a loaf 4 on a good day.
    Fish and seafood is insanely expensive.

For myself and my boyfriend to eat healthy all month it's about 800$
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh

2 Big Macs = 3
    1 Cheeseburger = 1
    1 6pc nugget = 2.50
    2 medium fries = 3
    2 small fries = 2
    2 medium cokes = 2
    2 small cokes = 2

http://www.mcdonalds.com.pk/products/view/menu-pricelist

Big Mac is 2.75
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh

2 Big Macs = 3
    1 Cheeseburger = 1
    1 6pc nugget = 2.50
    2 medium fries = 3
    2 small fries = 2
    2 medium cokes = 2
    2 small cokes = 2

is that right? here in the UK we would get 2 meals for that price.... :S
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

I work at McDonalds and most restaurants are doing $1 drinks all year now. Big mac meals (with fries and drinks) are 5 something with tax. Ringing the meal up rather than everything separate helps you save about 60 cents on the fries.

I can see if you lived in a big city it being that much, but I see people ordering about 3x this much food on a daily basis for under $30
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    i dont care what anybody says. IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE TO EAT HEALTHY.
    When can you just buy 4 pieces of bread for .75? and 4 baking potatoes for 2.98? I dont think so.
    This is misleading.

I agree. The "costs less to eat healthy" thread(s) periodically resurface like a bad fortune on the eight ball. Some folks must be shopping healthy on Planet 9.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You realize prices are different all over right?

That first healthy meal would be 3 times that where I'm from.
    Chicken is 13$ a pound here on a good day.
    Romaine lettuce is 4-5$
    2L of Milk is 5$
    Whole grain bread 5$ a loaf 4 on a good day.
    Fish and seafood is insanely expensive.

For myself and my boyfriend to eat healthy all month it's about 800$

Where do you live and shop?!?!? That's ridiculous!
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    People, food costs vary so much from place to place, stop arguing. It's like buying fruit here in WV where a lot of produce is local compared to somewhere that doesn't, it's gonna be more expensive. All based off of location, and time of year.