Office ppl, what annoys you at work?

Options
Two for me.

1. The constant stream of "Blesh You's" every time someone sneezes. No, not 'god bless you', not even 'bless you', slurred as 'blesh you'. Not to mention the unique sounds of the sneezes...

2. The guy(s) who goes to the mens room 3-4 times a day, for 10-15 minutes every time. Usually leaves a newspaper on the floor when he leaves. Gross.

Anyone else?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I work in office of 4 people... me the secretary, my uncle the boss, my dad the head technician, and another guy that drives truck for us.

If it is just my uncle and I and one of us sneezes there is NOTHING. Crickets chirp. we don't talk much.
    There is always a newspaper on the floor of the bathroom, and I don't get to clean up after ONE guy that leaves it or goes in and stays forever, I have THREE.......... I'm the housekeeper too. :ohwell:

I'm used to that stuff... what really gets me is other people talking to me about a conversation I have on the phone... WHILE I AM ON THE PHONE...ugh.
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Loud crunching
    People not washing their hands after they go to the bathroom
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    - Guy who sleeps and snores extremely loud on his lunch break (which is not the same time as mine)
    - Guy who sends me an email then comes over 1 minute after to ask if I got his email
    -Constant sighs "ughh"
    -Guy who comes to ask me a question smelling like coffee and cigarettes
    -Girl who takes her shoes off
    -Admin assistant who thinks she is office manager

Pretty much everyone annoys me. Oh except the cleaning lady, cleaning lady is pretty cool.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Trying to take information over the phone when there's so much gabbling going on in the background. All my co-workers seem to be very noisy!
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    People who use (or waste) too many paper hand towels after they wash their hands. Its just the hands, 1 or 2 should be enough. No?
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Loud eaters. I understand something may be crunchy....but do I really need to hear it because you can't chew with your mouth closed and you have to suck your fingers? Ugh!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    - Loud obnoxious people who yell when they talk , laugh really loud.
    - people who do not clean up after themselves the in the kitchen
    - use the last of the water and just leave it for the next person to change. (I now use a Brita then I am not blamed)
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    People who do not know how to Microsoft Office correctly - Seriously people, google paragraph styles.

People who don't take responcibility for thier own mistakes - blame passers

Airconditioning that makes this place like a fridge!
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    Maybe I lied when I said "two" cause I can relate to alllll of these!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This thread was made for me. My FL knows what bugs me:

*The princess who sits next to me who has planned everything from her engagedment to wedding to now, her first home purchase all on company time them complains to her boss when someone asks her to work, calling them demanding.

*When people talk too loud, specifically those who use speaker phones to talk to someone in the office RIGHT NEXT DOOR. I realize they are just trying to justify their existence so we can all hear how hard they are working but, really? Grow up.

Thanks, this was great! :smokin:
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Maybe I lied when I said "two" cause I can relate to alllll of these!

Oh my list could go on for days....

Asking me to do something for you because they're never going to get their work cleared up by home time..... funny that, you spend half an hour chatting to the receptionist, then you spent half an hour at the shop getting your lunch and then proceeded to take your FULL lunch break.

Hearing the constant "I can't be bothered" all day every day

"will you look for something, I can't find it"... "are you sure you looked, because it's right in front of you"

wedding wedding wedding... blah blah blah... honeymoon honeymoon honeymoon

Not being able to get near the microwave because there are several co-workers standing right in front of it having a chinwag!

People setting stuff on my desk when I'm not there

and most recently.... the co-worker who has started hiding her unfinished work in my finished pile so that she doesn't have to do it!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a cubicle office setting and "loud walkers" used to drive me nuts. There was one lady who I swore was gonna pop a heel and take someone's eye out!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Just having to be here..........
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This thread was made for me. My FL knows what bugs me:

*The princess who sits next to me who has planned everything from her engagedment to wedding to now, her first home purchase all on company time them complains to her boss when someone asks her to work, calling them demanding.

*When people talk too loud, specifically those who use speaker phones to talk to someone in the office RIGHT NEXT DOOR. I realize they are just trying to justify their existence so we can all hear how hard they are working but, really? Grow up.

Thanks, this was great! :smokin:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! - Already knew your response just from the topic heading :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    This one is popular at my job.

X program stops working, first thing they do, yell to supervisor hey this program is DOWN. Then everyone has to go and check it. First question...did you try restarting the program? Of course not...then it starts working.

Computer trouble? Vocal complaining. First question...did you try restarting the computer? No...of course not. Then it starts working.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Speaker phone conference calls in open air cubes.

Spontaneous "meetings" just outside my cube.

Being asked where everyone in the department is, just because I sit next to the printer/break room and I'm the closest person they see. I am not a GPS tracking unit.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The fact that I am supposed to actually be working yet I keep getting sucked into the message boards :) If they have a tracker on my computer, I'm screwed!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    - Watching my lunch "walk" past my office because someone is "fascinated" by Quinoa and Lentils
    - Watching the hot lawyer walk past my office more than 10 times a day...oh wait that's not annoying at all
    - The perfume or cologne baths some of my co-workers take every morning (including the hot lawyer)
    - The ONE person that questions EVERYTHING I do even though she has no authority to do so
    - The supervisor that MUST tell everyone about her night starting from the time she got home to the time she went to bed - in detail! And then proceeds to talk about what she's doing THAT evening. I usually have her day down pat by 9 a.m.
  • anewmeforever
    Options
    Trying to take information over the phone when there's so much gabbling going on in the background. All my co-workers seem to be very noisy!

That here too!! I'm on conference calls a lot and I can't hear what is going on because of the guy next to me laughing and carrying on so loudly!

And how incredibly cold it is in here with the AC.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Clients that call after hours or on my lunch break and demand to be called right back, and when I call them, no answer. Or the client that has called one time and when I finally get a hold of them they say they've been calling multiple times. I'm the only person in my office, I know when and how many times someone calls. Don't bull**** me.