My Opinion:Can we Please not make this site Political????

Options
Railr0aderTony
Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
So i see people posting political stuff on here, this is supposed to be about health and weight loss and fun and games, IMO lets leave the political stuff on Facebook, here we all have a shared goal of being healthy. I too am very political and if your on my facebook you know that, but lets leave it there.

Replies

• sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think we should vote on it.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So i see people posting political stuff on here, this is supposed to be about health and weight loss and fun and games, IMO lets leave the political stuff on Facebook, here we all have a shared goal of being healthy. I too am very political and if your on my facebook you know that, but lets leave it there.

Opinion: lets stop telling people what they can and can't talk about.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My assumption was this section was for topics NOT related to health & fitness. Hence the chit-chat part.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    opinion: don't post about a topic that you think shouldn't be posted about......
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options

PMSL..
  • HeathArrow478
    Options
    Amen! I just had a vent session about this on Facebook the other day. Don't care about people's politics. We all have opinions and these types of sites are not the right forum for them. Makes me crazy!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    If you want it to be about health, why not just stick to the health boards rather than the chit chat fun and games board?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^

:drinker:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options

I agree...

Romney in 2012.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    My assumption was this section was for topics NOT related to health & fitness. Hence the chit-chat part.

True. Politics are not allowed in the main forums though.
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    I know a great way to get people to stop talking about politics! Start a thread about whether or not to talk about politics!! SMH.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    but endless tattoo threads and endless my hubby wont support me threads and who is your MFP crush threads are ok?

get a grip dude
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    Screw Politics... Lets talk about religion...Thats sure to start a *kitten* storm
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Here is a strange idea...

if you see a post that alludes to something political... don't open it :)

Who knew?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Screw Politics... Lets talk about religion...Thats sure to start a *kitten* storm

Amen

Go Obama!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

I think a round of tacos for everybody is warranted
  • fishermanbob
    Options
    forum...
    1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
    2. a medium for open discussion, such as a weight loss, politics, sex and so on
    3. a public meeting place for open discussion
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    *cookie for you*
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

I think a round of tacos for everybody is warranted

hell yes.
  • sho3girl