My Opinion:Can we Please not make this site Political????

Options

Replies

• snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    with over 800 posts, you know by now these message boards are more then just weight loss...to each its own. if you dont like it the topic, dont reply.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Three words: Get. Over. Yourself.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Screw Politics... Lets talk about religion...Thats sure to start a *kitten* storm

Hahahaha! :drinker:
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Tony, It looks like we are shaping up for a spirited political season here in the US. I'd just as soon not get involved in any political debate on the message boards.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So i see people posting political stuff on here, this is supposed to be about health and weight loss and fun and games, IMO lets leave the political stuff on Facebook, here we all have a shared goal of being healthy. I too am very political and if your on my facebook you know that, but lets leave it there.

Haha, because you know Facebook is where all the intelligent debates are :P
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    This is the internet. Everything is political.

Not to mention politics DOES have an impact on health and wellness.Food regulation, corn and soy subsidies, nutritional recommendations... politics does transcend into the food we eat.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Amen! I just had a vent session about this on Facebook the other day. Don't care about people's politics. We all have opinions and these types of sites are not the right forum for them. Makes me crazy!

So avert your eyes and avoid those topics when looking for something to post to. Everybody's entitled to discuss what they like, that's the fun about this board! It's "miscellaneous" section of boards =D
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Go Obama!

:noway:
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Let me check and see what Fox News says we should do. BRB
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Here is a strange idea...

if you see a post that alludes to something political... don't open it :)

Who knew?

But then the person standing behind him with the gun to his head will pull the trigger.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

As long as Fox agrees with Limbaugh, it's a go!
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Screw Politics... Lets talk about religion...Thats sure to start a *kitten* storm

Amen

Go Obama!

^^^ Yes, Go AWAY Obama!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    This is the internet. Everything is political.

My Vote, FTW.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Well? What did they say? Waiting...
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Ohhh, let's talk about politicians view on religion, that would be the best ever!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    my opinion was just that my opinion and i thought others might be with me, looks like that is not the case, so you people enjoy your politics I am going back to my normally scheduled weight loss.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    To be fair...this is the chit-chat section, KWIM?
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Well? What did they say? Waiting...

Sorry, was flipping over there and saw an infomercial for the Schticky. You know, with Vince, the Sham Wow Guy. I can't turn it off. This thing will stick to ANYTHING!
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Don't think we should vote on it. When did voting come into politics?

We should create a think tank to discuss the possible impact of political topics in chit-chat, send out a public consultation, send a working party to other countries to see how their web-communities deal with similar issues, spend 2 years analysing the results and then choose whether we do or do not allow political topics based upon the largest bribe paid.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Don't think we should vote on it. When did voting come into politics?

We should create a think tank to discuss the possible impact of political topics in chit-chat, send out a public consultation, send a working party to other countries to see how their web-communities deal with similar issues, spend 2 years analysing the results and then choose whether we do or do not allow political topics based upon the largest bribe paid.

The flaw with this plan is in two years, this thread will be buried by thousands of political and anti-political debate threads

Edit: Damn the OP starting all these politics!! Doesnt he realize this site is for weightloss and politics should be left to the ever intelligent facebook?!