calorie intake

Options
124»

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hmo4- It is. It's about a week old. Yesh i do. I'm fat.

April- Thank you! I'm trying to listen and i am. I'm taking what every said. Yesterday i ate 800 instead of 300 cals. ^_^

Demetria- It's didn't take long to lose 9IB maybe a week and a half. My Bmi is 30.
    Hmm Im 18 of course 5'6 186 i exercise 300-600 mot of the time all week but not latly.

Very Good!!! It's a start. Believe me you will feel so much better if you do it the slow and steady way. The safe way. You wouldn't believe what eating healthy can do for your body and mind. If you would start researching and eating healthy you would see how the depression would ease up or completely go away. Good Luck!!!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    not in kidd's defense or anything but when i was 17 and started "eating right" I was only consuming 800 a day but then my height was also an issue as to why i dont fit into the 1200 min as well ...... and i was also eating healthy portioned out meals including dinner.....my nutrients were all met to a certain extent and my health was in tip top shape......but 500 cals and candy for dinner is not healthy AT ALL..... not only will ur body eat away at your muscle......but it is eventually if it hasnt already going to start eating away at ur organs ....up ur cal intake by atleast another 200-300......eat the candy as a snack and have a real dinner then ur cals will somewhat even out
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The secret to being thinner: Eating well and exercising. In order to be thinner, one needs to build muscle. Muscle is heavier but smaller than Fat. Muscle looks better. Muscle burns fat faster. One cannot build muscle without proper energy (i.e. calories, especially both carb and protein type of nutrition).

Simple rule, if one doesn't eat enough, one will not have the energy to exercise enough.

If one donsn't eat enough, the body will compensate: it will start using muscle for fuel.
    Result: You may lose a little weight, but you'll look flabbyer.
    Long term problems: As stated by others, not only will you not lose significant weight, such fatalism will lead to major health problems such as organ failure. Major health problems such as these will, in the very least, make it very difficult for one to exercise to be thinner. More likely, it will disrupt your life completely. For example, what would it feel like needing some kind of artifical support like carrying a bag to replace your bladder? Or worrying about your pace maker when ever you're near electrical equipment? Or something happening to your skin (your biggest organ)?

Listen to the community. They know what they are talking about. I'm not going to argue with you about your self image. But, if you want to be thinner, then you must get healthy. Don't fool yourself into thinking that what you are doing right now is going to help you attain your goals. Quite the reverse. IF YOU WANT TO BE THINNER, (if your ideal beauty is this) then you must eat well to feed your body so that it will do what you want.

It sounds like you are absolutely determined to be thinner. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your determination. If if this is what you want, then you must do what is right to help your body into the kind of beauty that you want. There is a lot of experience and knowledge in this community. I hope you will be able to successfully tap into that knowledge to help you attain what you really want.
  • TwistedKidd
    Options
    Becrox- If i get down to150 i would want to lose 30

April- Yea i dont want to just jump at 1200 after eating 300 forever . Thanks

Reclining- Hmmm that is all i have to say. I don't have my thought together withthat one
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

Reclining- Hmmm that is all i have to say. I don't have my thought together withthat one
    i thought u said 500? now its 300?:ohwell: that is anorexia hun...and is a serious issue whether or not u want to hear it from anyone
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

I'd like to see some other body pics of you. At 18 I was constantly trying new things and low cals to get smaller, but looking back all I needed was toning. It's taken me 2 years to really learn the Ins and Outs of this whole lifestyle change. Please read as much as you can, eat more-you're body will thank you, do cardio at least 4x/week for 30 min and start lifting some weights to strenght train. If you'd follow our advice, you'll probably lose faster than me! I'm an old broad and can honestly tell you, as I have my kids...If you build a good amount of muscle while you're young, it is so much easier to maintain a healthy physique and tone than doing it now at my age. Trust me!:flowerforyou:
  • TwistedKidd
    Options
    hasiangirl- 500 or less i said.

Hmo4- If i can ill try to put some body pic up
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I see you like peas corn and carrots and apples. You got the makings of a good. stir fry. Add a little peanut oil and stir. The peanut oil is a food fat. Also try to commit to try one new thing. You can add sweet potatoes to your stir fry and that would add some calories. The sweet potato and carrot have a similar taste one litely cooked. Turnips and rutabags are good clean tasting veggies. Maybe greek yogurt which is a good healthy option. Just commit to change one thing at a time. :flowerforyou:
    Have you talked to your parents about buying at least one thing you can eat. What do you like besides candy? Maybe some nuts. I love cashews myself. Some good protein from cheese, milk, eggs or meat.

I agree with you about the obsession part it can become one. What really helps is mapping out a meal plan of things you like. That is within a certain calorie range so you want feel so bad about getting to the end of the day and not having eaten enough.
    Azarielisha- Yea it can become a obsession. I don't think Im obsessed but idk =/

April0815- Eh i wish people will telling meh that. I don't eat 500 because i choose to, i eat 500 because that what it end out to be. Like i said i recorded all week what i eat and most of it came out to be 500. I didn't even know. And i have lost weight 9 pounds but i didn't even know i lost it. And yes i exercise. ^_^

AlyssasMommy- I really don't know but it has not been that long maybe a few weeks. No im obese cuz of my depression. I ate away my pain.

Debb- Im reading it now. ^_^

I eat peas and corn which is like 60 and carrats and celery and apples
  • TwistedKidd
    Options
    I see you like peas corn and carrots and apples. You got the makings of a good. stir fry. Add a little peanut oil and stir. The peanut oil is a food fat. Also try to commit to try one new thing. You can add sweet potatoes to your stir fry and that would add some calories. The sweet potato and carrot have a similar taste one litely cooked. Turnips and rutabags are good clean tasting veggies. Maybe greek yogurt which is a good healthy option. Just commit to change one thing at a time. :flowerforyou:
    Have you talked to your parents about buying at least one thing you can eat. What do you like besides candy? Maybe some nuts. I love cashews myself. Some good protein from cheese, milk, eggs or meat.

I agree with you about the obsession part it can become one. What really helps is mapping out a meal plan of things you like. That is within a certain calorie range so you want feel so bad about getting to the end of the day and not having eaten enough.
    Azarielisha- Yea it can become a obsession. I don't think Im obsessed but idk =/

April0815- Eh i wish people will telling meh that. I don't eat 500 because i choose to, i eat 500 because that what it end out to be. Like i said i recorded all week what i eat and most of it came out to be 500. I didn't even know. And i have lost weight 9 pounds but i didn't even know i lost it. And yes i exercise. ^_^

AlyssasMommy- I really don't know but it has not been that long maybe a few weeks. No im obese cuz of my depression. I ate away my pain.

Debb- Im reading it now. ^_^

I eat peas and corn which is like 60 and carrats and celery and apples

Hmm Ill try