And you look fantastic!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    "I like big butts and I cannot lie..."
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the downer but, I have always been more of an hourglass shaped and loved it. But now that I have lost 30 lbs and continueing to loose I seem to be changing into a pear which stinks because as I do have a wide body frame I have nice hips but noooooo butt behind me :( lol. Oh well could be worse right. Super happy to see this post though because I have been a little unsure about how I felt about it but seeing everyone love there pear shape makes me feel better just taking some getting used to lol :). THANKS!!!!
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm unfortunately a large pear :(. Maybe someday that'll change, though, and I'll be a small pear. I do like the pear shape, but not this large.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Sadly the only "pear hate" is coming from pear-shaped women who want to be straight up and down. I'm 33-26-38. Nothing I can do about it :)

Women have hips, Hips don't make you fat.

Are these the same people who obsess over "thigh gaps? LOL christ

I'm 35-28-40.

The wonderful thing about this is... subconsciously, a man is always driven towards a woman with hips. It's all about the reproduction activities. So, Back that *kitten* up!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 31 42.5
    Is that pear shaped. I'm told hour glass at times and pear at others. I don't have much of a chest so I figure pear. I used to have a smokin hot *kitten* but its not so nice these days. About to start my strength training again and hope to tighten it up. :)~
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Apple shape here wishing she were one of the cool pear shaped girls!

I have no butt...it sucks! :sad:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Apple shape here wishing she were one of the cool pear shaped girls!

I have no butt...it sucks! :sad:

Apples are awesome too!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Why cant I be a "pear shape" and still want to get rid of the flab on my thighs and hips?

I can't say I have seen pear hate, but I just saw apple hate here. :(
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Pear-shaped doesn't mean "big butt", it means wide hips and a smaller top.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'd take pear shape any day, sure beats being an apple!

all shapes are beautiful in their own way. you don't have to denigrate one to feel good about your own.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    sometimes i wish i had a pear shape! that would give me more hips and badonk!

ETA: but i love my apple shape. just working on carving out some of the goodies in the skin of my own apple ;)
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Well, that didn't take long. :angry:

Apples are beautiful too. And bananas, and whatever fruit-shaped metaphor you'd like to come up with. The point of the thread is to stop hating. I guess you missed that subtlety.

thank you! no need to denigrate some other person's size/shape/weight to praise one's own.
  • SunshineDieter
    Options
    I'm 33 - 32 - 42.

I'm always complaining about my flabby hips and thighs, but it doesn't matter what weight I've been I've always had the same flat stomach. Time to stop complaining and appreciate what I got.

I'm all for this :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Well, that didn't take long. :angry:

Apples are beautiful too. And bananas, and whatever fruit-shaped metaphor you'd like to come up with. The point of the thread is to stop hating. I guess you missed that subtlety.

thank you! no need to denigrate some other person's size/shape/weight to praise one's own.

I think she was denigrating (cool big word) her own shape, which is yeah, still against the point of this thread.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    ETA: but i love my apple shape. just working on carving out some of the goodies in the skin of my own apple ;)

Turn that apple into an apple core? :)
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Nice! I heart my pear shape !
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I want my hourglass figure back. But I'm short, so even when I'm only ten pounds overweight, it all goes to my waist and belly, turning me into a flat-butt cube until I'm as overweight as I am now, when I turn into a lard sphere.

Every shape has its downsides. And a short hourglass is really tough keep looking good. I've seen pictures of short hourglass women who weighed less than 110 pounds, but because they were not in shape, they looked flabby. The short pears and apples and bananas I saw pictures of who were that skinny but weren't in shape didn't look half as bad.

Come to think of it, I'll trade my hourglass for a pear, if that means I get to have a butt for the first time in my life.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm shaped like a human, not fruit Totally got jipped.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Psht...

I'm pear-shaped and I don't like it. So there. :P