Birth Control Options

Options

Replies

• alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Paragard IUD FTW! Seven years on Depo Provera was enough to make me go hormone-free.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Besides condoms, I've been on Aviane for a while and haven't really had significant side effects.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I take Ortho Tricyclen lo (birth control pill). I have been on it several different times - no issues not even weight gain. Just monitor it - everyone is different. My dr tried me one something else, but it didn't work out for me. I have had no issues with this.
  • jkt69
    jkt69 Posts: 11
    Options
    The pull out method!!!

There is a name for people who use that method.....parents LOL

Hubby had a vasectomy and was only uncomfortable for a day or two then he was fine. Now his sex drive has gone thru the roof. And no crazy side effects for either of us (or worries about getting preggers).
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've been on Ortho Tricycln (sp?) and am on NuvaRing now. Love NuvaRing. I've been told that he doesn't feel it during sex, but can feel it if he uses his fingers....you get the idea lol. I had a hard time remembering to take the pill and NR is awesome. Leave it on for 3 weeks. Take it out 1 week. Put a new one in. Never had any problems with it.
    With that said, ask your Dr. I know girls on the shot and mirena who both like it, but its not on the table for me, financially.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have the copper IUD. I've had it for 5 years now. I've also had the Mirena IUD a few years back. I like them cause i never had to worry about getting pregnant. And if you want to try having a baby later you can simply have your Dr. remove it.
  • Jeankyy
    Jeankyy Posts: 32
    Options
    Look who's hereeee! Hehehe (trollface)
  • ssuksdorf
    ssuksdorf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been on the mini-pill since my youngest (now five years old) was born. It seems to work, seeing as how he's still the youngest.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Look who's hereeee! Hehehe (trollface)
    Do 15 year olds have to worry about birth control? Do they have swimmers?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i got snipped a couple years ago, and now i get to drop seed-bombs in there all day and NEVER worry!
  • lauralizzy829
    Options
    i get the shot and the weight gain that comes is no forever only until your body gets used to the hormone, but just FYI birth control and antibiotics don't mix, no one told me and now i have a everyday reminder

Certain BC...not all. Just always always check with ur Dr. You have to be prescribed an antibiotic (pretty sure) so you should be telling your Dr about your scripts anyway.
  • Ashatack
    Ashatack Posts: 41
    Options
    The patch 100 percent! iv been on it for five years no side effects. totally predictable periods every month so theres no worrying i might be pregnant. and you only change it once a week so its soooo easy!!
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stick with oral and anal! :drinker: In that order of course :noway:
    I was a little nervous when I saw that you had replied to this thread!! lol

I'm glad you specified in that order! I'm a little freaky--but not THAT freaky! haha
    C'mon. Be adventurous and do it reverse order! My wife complains about it, but I never mind.
    not even when you kiss her later??? lol
    I said my wife. I don't kiss her after or during sex. That's gross.

That made me LOL!! but it also offended me cause I'm a wife. lol
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Paragard IUD FTW! Seven years on Depo Provera was enough to make me go hormone-free.

7 years??? I gained 80lbs in 5 months on that, and you lasted 7 years??

Anyway, with PCOS, I have an issue with hormones as it is. Obviously, the depo was a bad choice for me; I had a reaction to some bc pills but not others, however I was never able to lost weight at all (no gain or loss for years) on the pill. Now I have the Mirena, and life is lovely! Still hormones involved, but localized instead of running willy nilly through my body.
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i get the shot and the weight gain that comes is no forever only until your body gets used to the hormone, but just FYI birth control and antibiotics don't mix, no one told me and now i have a everyday reminder

Certain BC...not all. Just always always check with ur Dr. You have to be prescribed an antibiotic (pretty sure) so you should be telling your Dr about your scripts anyway.

yeah to little to to late got antis from the dentist he just thought i knew they didn't mix it doesn't matter I wouldn't trade her for anything
  • lauralizzy829
    Options

yeah to little to to late got antis from the dentist he just thought i knew they didn't mix it doesn't matter I wouldn't trade her for anything

Everything happens for a reason. :smile:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've been on Tri-Sprintec 28 (Generic Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo) & Nuva Ring.

Didn't have any bad side effects with either.

I want an IUD so bad, but my gyno won't give me one because I'm 24 & I haven't had a child yet. :grumble:
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options

7 years??? I gained 80lbs in 5 months on that, and you lasted 7 years??

Anyway, with PCOS, I have an issue with hormones as it is. Obviously, the depo was a bad choice for me; I had a reaction to some bc pills but not others, however I was never able to lost weight at all (no gain or loss for years) on the pill. Now I have the Mirena, and life is lovely! Still hormones involved, but localized instead of running willy nilly through my body.

Seven years was a REALLY long time. I just didn't (and still) don't trust myself to take a pill everyday. When on the Depo, I could lose weight down until I hit my original weight PLUS the proven 7 year weight gain point (about 16 to 20 lbs), but no more than that. My weight loss would completely stall. Not to mention, two weeks before my next shot was due, I would have raging mood swings and completely irrational anger. It was scary. My last shot was late July last year so it was ineffective after October. I had the Paragard placed in December and my hormones have been wreaking havoc on me ever since. They are just now starting to normalize but I track my BBT not for fertility purposes but to make sure my hormones are in check.

EDIT: I forgot to say, I love my Paragard and the effects I am having come from my body's recovery from Depo. I'm not one to dispense advice but I really hope people do good, solid research on birth control before committing. It is not something to take lightly!
  • beccaboston
    Options
    i have the para guard as i seen some other females said too its the best for me 10 yrs its in i have tried every birth control you name i have tried plus the pill its 70% not 99% .. the one in your arm is the bad i just bleed for 6 months straight and left a scare on my arm from them getting it out i go with a IUD or just get your tubes done i wanted to because now they do it in the doctor office but they said when i had my son i was to young at the time
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well--thanks for the responses. Of course--I'm more confused than ever! lol. I guess I'll talk to the doc some more and see what we can figure out. My husband just got home tho and he said that if his copay isn't huge--he would probably get snipped! =) but if not--i guess i'll figure it out