Vegetarian Protein Source

Options
2»

Replies

• go4itjoanna
    go4itjoanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Recently discovered the Quorn brand....its good. Their products use mycoprotein (as in various mushrooms). No Soy.

I think Quorn is kind of scary. It is a highly processed food And many get allergic reaction from it. Google it to find out how it is made and what it consists of. I don't eat meat and I used to eat a lot of quorn but stopped about 5-6 years ago after reading up on it. 
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    QUINOA QUINOA QUINOA!!!! It has tons of nutritional benefits, including protein! And there's soooo many recipes for it.
  • hikergrl17
    Options
    Recently discovered the Quorn brand....its good. Their products use mycoprotein (as in various mushrooms). No Soy.
  • ruebrown
    ruebrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian all my life, so I don't usually have trouble getting enough protein, however... my new (medically prescribed) diet calls for 95 grams of protein a day on 1500 calories. I do eat dairy and eggs, but I can't do any of the "fake meats" because they mostly add B12 which I'm allergic to.
    I'm going to look for protein powders that don't have B12, but any ideas for adding additional veg protein would be helpful. Miso, TVP, Chick Pea flour... inventive suggestions needed!
    Thanks!