Turn your Life around 20's

Options

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lady C!

Challenges sound good girls...

Ash- I've gotten pretty good at spreading out my meals, I usually have 3 regular meals and 1-2 snacks and I drink a lot of water and tea which really helps keep me full, if I eat a big meal I feel pretty sick. My breakfast is usually the smallest around 250-300 and my dinner and lunch are around the same at 500 calories... then my snacks are usually fruit or something not too big, I don't always have snacks if I'm not hungry but maybe the problem is you aren't eating dense enough foods, make sure you have a good carb to protein ratio and fill up on fruits and veggies!

I'm off for a quick 3 miles, I have a half marathon race tomorrow, I've been feeling better so I'm hoping I can do it... I have some friends visiting that are doing it too plus my mom so it'll be a big group, but I'm too darn competitive... they are all starting in the 2nd wave, I wish I could just take it slow and run with everyone but I can't lol Have a great weekend everyone! I'll get started on the challenge on Sunday night....

~Leash :heart:
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lady C!

Challenges sound good girls...

Ash- I've gotten pretty good at spreading out my meals, I usually have 3 regular meals and 1-2 snacks and I drink a lot of water and tea which really helps keep me full, if I eat a big meal I feel pretty sick. My breakfast is usually the smallest around 250-300 and my dinner and lunch are around the same at 500 calories... then my snacks are usually fruit or something not too big, I don't always have snacks if I'm not hungry but maybe the problem is you aren't eating dense enough foods, make sure you have a good carb to protein ratio and fill up on fruits and veggies!

Thanks girl!
  • sollygirl
    sollygirl Posts: 107
    Options
    Good luck alicia!!

I would agree with Alicia. I know for me if I don't eat a snack in between lunch and dinner I get so hungry I over eat at dinner and then feel sick. So definitely try to add some fruit or veggies in between meals or I like to eat 2 rice cakes as a snack which is about 100-110 calories and they keep me pretty full. Good luck though and the challenge sounds like a good one!
  • renasneed
    renasneed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I weighed in yesterday and lost 1.8 pounds. I hadn't been doing very good at all over the past two weeks so I wasn't planning on losing a lot. So when i saw the 2 pounds gone, I was okay with that. It's back to the grind and two a day cereal diet this week! Good luck, girls & guys!
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Congrats Solly and Rena!! That's awesome!! And good luck Alicia!

I'm a snacker, my meals usually don't add up to much except when I go out to eat. 400 cals for bfast is usually my biggest meal! I love fruit, almonds, and hot tea and honey throughout the day. Its pretty stellar.

I'm pretty stuck, and my little trip did not help much with that! Im getting back into my groove but super sore hamstrings are not going to really let me go to the gym today. But I worked for 8 hrs solid re-landscaping my yard (wooooo power tools, shovels, and 50lb bags!) so I count that as some of my calories not burned today! Hopefully my weightloss is gonna pick back up soon or I won't make my goal for my pepto-bismol pink bridesmaid dress!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    20 and would love join!
    i'd like to lose about 10 pounds by july
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Welcome omid!

Everyone else, we CANNOT let this thread die! lol Lets try and post at least 2 times a week... heres one for me haha. My race went great on Sunday, (half marathon 13.1 miles) I did it in 1 hr 39 min, a 7:33 pace. It was really fun and the weather was pretty nice, now I have to decide what race I want to do next :smile: Have a great day everyone!

• sollygirl
    Options
    I know we gatta keep it going!!

Good job alicia your awsome!!

Well tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm really hoping for something good. I have been walking about 40 to 50 minutes a day and half of it is uphill, and I've also been pretty good food wise. I'm a little nervous though bc i did cheat horribly on my cheat day so I'm ganna try to fit in another work out tonight before tomorrow weigh in.

Hope everyone is doing great and we can get this thread back up and running!!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options

Well tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm really hoping for something good. I have been walking about 40 to 50 minutes a day and half of it is uphill, and I've also been pretty good food wise. I'm a little nervous though bc i did cheat horribly on my cheat day so I'm ganna try to fit in another work out tonight before tomorrow weigh in.

sollygirl,

if you don't mind me asking, what is your caloric intake for the day? your weight loss goals seem similar to mine and i've been struggling lately to try and find something that works. My current weight is at about 140 and i'd like to get down to just below 130ish if i can.

Thanks!
  • HollyInBalance
    HollyInBalance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and looking for motivation & support!!
  • sollygirl
    Options

sollygirl,

if you don't mind me asking, what is your caloric intake for the day? your weight loss goals seem similar to mine and i've been struggling lately to try and find something that works. My current weight is at about 140 and i'd like to get down to just below 130ish if i can.

Thanks!

Don't mind at all I'm on a 1200 calorie diet but I always eat back my exerise calories which is about an extra 150 to 250 calories depending on what I do. I allow myself one cheat day a week, but about one or two days i may also go over slightly on my calories.

Good luck and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. =]
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Glad you are all doing so great! I have been amazing and logged in for 30 but guess what the last like idk 10 maybe 14. Haven't been good. I haven't been logging or working out. I"ve gained back two pounds but my weigh in isn't till monday. So its homework and cardio for the weekend.

I am so getting back on track! Today is pancake breakfast for me and the bf though... hopefully I can limit my eating. I'm up early to work out though! which is awesome and something i haven't done for 2 weeks.

I'll he here frequently for support this weekend ladies! I know you are good for it!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    I'm so happy i lost 2.5 lbs this week. I did try a lot harder this week, but i am very suprised it was that much seeing im right at the finish line. I think i might have to change my goal once i get there or go into maintence mode.

Hope everyone who weighs in today does great!! and to those who weigh in monday good luck!!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    I decided this week to make some goals starting today to try to motivate me more this week. I am just ganna post them here for some accountability.

Be under calories 5 out of 7 days.
    Drink at least 8 servings of water each day.
    Do at least 30 minutes of work out each day.
    Do at least 25 push ups each day.
    Do at least 75 sit ups each day.

Join in on my goal if you'd like!!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I decided this week to make some goals starting today to try to motivate me more this week. I am just ganna post them here for some accountability.

Do at least 25 push ups each day.
    Do at least 75 sit ups each day.

Join in on my goal if you'd like!!

Those are GREAT goals!!! :smile: I think those should be our challenges for this week, lets say everyone pick at least 3 of them. I am going to do the pushups, water, and sit ups... thanks girl!

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Cool! These are my 3! I'll consider myself under my calories today since I only went 17 over. :bigsmile:

I realize I don't post much on this board, but I'm always reading. :happy:
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Awsome, I'm glad you girls joined in. I have a feeling this week is going to be hard for me to lose bc i did have a good loss last week and I'm nearing the finish line. So I'm really trying extra hard to be accountable for everything.
  • KBgirl
    KBgirl Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Mind if I join your group? I am 25 and have about 30 pounds to lose.

Ang
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Mind if I join your group? I am 25 and have about 30 pounds to lose.

Ang

Welcome Ang. Good luck! This group has been such a great motivation for me and i really hope it helps you!!
  • renasneed
    renasneed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Solly - Awesome goals! I may steal a couple of them! :)

Also, I weighed in this morning and lost 2.8 pounds since last week's weigh-in. I'm super excited about that and bought 3 more kinds of cereal so I think I'll stick to the 2 a day cereal diet a couple more weeks. I will break through the 200's this week if I do extremely well!!! This is a supppperrrr exciting thing! :)