JUNE STARTERS - Monday Weigh In - August 17

Replies

• jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Ouch...I fell off that wagon, HARD!!! Gain of 3 lbs...CW 202 :angry:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I weighed myself on Sunday and it said 163.5 - down 2 pounds (I checked it half a dozen times, lol). However, this morning, and every morning since, the scale has said 164. Guess I should take the 164, which is still not bad :).

CW 164
    GW 135
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Lw- 178.5

CW- 176.8

YAY!! 1.7 lbs down!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Nothing this week....I upped my workouts and felt good....Nothing:explode: :explode: :explode:

SW 176.5
    LW 163.5
    CW 163.5
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    I am reporting the same weight. I was down as of Monday, but I am not recording any change. I am on bed rest for 4 days after having a procedure Monday, and no working out for a week. Hoping by next Wednesday I will still be 172 ( or less), but I wont hold my breath.

It is very hard being this inactive.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Ok.... disappointing news here too..... Nothing....

SW 230
    LW 219
    TW 219
    GW 140

I guess I can be glad I didn't gain, but good grief. I have been 219 for three weeks!!!!
    Seriously time to get back into my workout. I haven't worked out for three weeks either... Grrrrrr...
    School starts back next week... Thinking about joining a gym that is right next door to my school... Don't know how well it will work though. I have my 2 yr old daughter with me all of the time.... She goes to the preschool I teach at... We'll see...
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Hello all!
    I think we are all doing a great job, weather you are losing or just hanging in there Congrats!
    LW - 244.2
    CW - 243.2
    Only one pound but considering I had two birthday parties this weekend I will be quite happy with that.
    :happy:
    I have a question though, I had to by new walking shoes and I am noticing more pain in my legs than before. Anyone have any thoughts on this? thanks!
    :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    I have a question though, I had to by new walking shoes and I am noticing more pain in my legs than before. Anyone have any thoughts on this? thanks!

There are a couple of reasons that may be. It could be that there is more support than you are used to with your old ones, or less support. Keep in mind even if you bought the same model of shoes over time the support breaks down. It is possible that the support in the new shoes is holding your foot where it should be instead of where it wants to go. That can cause leg pain, but it should go away in a couple of days.
    Give yourself a break between wears. Most people are not aware that they should actually alternate shoes every other day. Shoes not only last longer when you do this, but it gives the shoe time to return to its intended fit as they mold to your feet over time.
    I could go on and on. But to sum it up, give it time, alternate them, and most importantly make ABSOLUTELY sure you are wearing shoes intended for the purpose. For walking you can actually wear cross trainers and running shoes as well as walking or multi sport hiking shoes. Often people make the mistake of thinking they are wearing a comfortable shoe so it must be good for walking. No Way!! Most ( even excellent quality) shoes are not built for walking or consistent activity. Shoes meant for casual wear don't have the shock absorption you need for walking.
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    :noway:
    SW: 164
    LW: 160-ish
    CW: 156.4
    GW: 144

Well....I've been floating around 160 for what feels like months....now down to 156.4.....I'm not sure if this is real or if something crazy is going on...it's my TOM and it's been super hot which makes it harder for me to eat....My uncles wedding is this weekend so I'm sure there will be lots of food and fun, so we'll see what happens to this loss......
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Hey everyone! I was wrong about it being easier to lose weight when I came home to live by myself at school...everyone wants to go out to eat all the dang time!! Today I got to go out to a really expensive restaurant and I thought I was being semi-good with getting sushi...then I get home and it was 400 calories for the roll!! And I got creme brulee :) But that wasn't even that bad. So, needless to say, I have 150 calories for the rest of the day (dinner, and I get no afternoon snack). I am sad :( It's like they hide calories in places you wouldn't expect :noway: It should be illegal to have like 1200 calorie cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory or a 1000 calorie cheeseburger at Red Robin. UGHHHHHH

Sorry had to rant!!

LW: 170
    TW: 169

Woohoo! Broke into the 160s!!
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Hello all!! I'm discouraged by the fact that I'm at the same weight!!!!!!

LW: 136.2
    CW: 136

What is up? HOWEVER, I'm completely encouraged by the fact that today my boyfriend (without me asking!!) said to me "Wow! I think you HAVE lost weight!!! Or you're getting more toned!" and that made my day. So I'll have to measure when I get home today and see if the inches have changed. Hope everyone's having a great day!!! Sunny here in Calgary! FINALLY!! :)
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member

There are a couple of reasons that may be. It could be that there is more support than you are used to with your old ones, or less support. Keep in mind even if you bought the same model of shoes over time the support breaks down. It is possible that the support in the new shoes is holding your foot where it should be instead of where it wants to go. That can cause leg pain, but it should go away in a couple of days.
    Give yourself a break between wears. Most people are not aware that they should actually alternate shoes every other day. Shoes not only last longer when you do this, but it gives the shoe time to return to its intended fit as they mold to your feet over time.
    I could go on and on. But to sum it up, give it time, alternate them, and most importantly make ABSOLUTELY sure you are wearing shoes intended for the purpose. For walking you can actually wear cross trainers and running shoes as well as walking or multi sport hiking shoes. Often people make the mistake of thinking they are wearing a comfortable shoe so it must be good for walking. No Way!! Most ( even excellent quality) shoes are not built for walking or consistent activity. Shoes meant for casual wear don't have the shock absorption you need for walking.

Thanks so much! That does help.
  • thirtyby40
    I am reporting the same weight. I was down as of Monday, but I am not recording any change. I am on bed rest for 4 days after having a procedure Monday, and no working out for a week. Hoping by next Wednesday I will still be 172 ( or less), but I wont hold my breath.

It is very hard being this inactive.

Well I am still not recording my weight, but I weighed myself this morning expecting horrible things. I weighed in at 168.2 :noway: I don't think it will stay off. Would be nice, but how is that possible. I swear everything that was tightening up is starting to sag again. I got used to 5 days of working out a week. I feel like such a slug.

My mini goal is 167 by the end of August. I don't know what to think might happen in the next 11 days. My mother has been here taking care of me and my kids while I get better (doctors orders) and she just spoils me... With food... Just like when I was a kid, which is sort of how this all started in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, or whatever that was...
  • thirtyby40
    We have a bunch of missing June Starters. Sandi and Daisy_may come immediately to mind. Did they say they would be MIA?

Where did everyone go?
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Hi All,

Woohoo! Congrats to all those who are working hard on their goals. As long as your are being honest with yourself, trying hard, and making adjustments when needed then it doesn't matter if you lost, maintained or gained a little. It will come off in the long run and fluctuations and plateaus are natural. It is your body's way of adjusting to changes it is going through.

I am very excited today. It's my birthday and I had a mini goal of being 235 by today and I weighed in today at 230.8. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My next mini goal is to be 225 by September 14 and I feel confident that I will meet and beat that!

Well, take care all and be good to yourselves and your bodies.

Tammy
    :flowerforyou:
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Good Morning Ladies!!!:smile:

Happy Birthday Tammy and Congrats for surpassing your mini goal!!!

Well I weighed today and I am very happy to report that I am down two pounds from last week. I have been very strict with weighing/measuring and counting plus I am still training for the half marathon in October.
    Now I am terrified that I can not keep up the losing....It seems that I am a chronic yo-yoer. I need to find the strength within to do this and keep going in the right direction.
    So here it is:
    LW 175
    CW173
    Have a great day everyone!
    Erica
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Congrats Tammy on your mini goal and a Super Happy Birthday!:flowerforyou:

So excited, all the hard work finally paid off...it just waited till today! Of course it couldn't show up on weigh in day!:grumble: Before I got in the shower this morning I was 161.5 after getting out and blow drying my hair I was 162....I'm using the 162 and am still hoping to be 160 by Sept 1st! Getting closer to my 10%....

SW 176.5
    LW 163.5
    CW 162:tongue:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    TAMMY TAMMY TAMMY ...

102997.gif
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Happy Birthday Tammy!! And a big congrats on surpassing your goal!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Bit late posting this week.
    This is my weight on wed - down 1 pound. slow and steady.

SW - 180
    LW- 167
    CW - 166
This discussion has been closed.