JUNE STARTERS - Monday Weigh In - August 17

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    So hi there everyone ... what's the plan for exercise today? If it doesn't rain I think I'll take a walk on the Niagara Parkway and up Clifton Hill to check out some tourists. If it does rain I'll do one of my DVD's (zumba or turbo jam party). I'm looking forward to my chicken dinner tonight ... I'm starting to get hungry for it already. Mmmmm chicken & Sugar Snap Peas .... mmmmmm. Hope you're all doing well.

XOXO_Deco_mikegray.png
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    It's one of my workout nights, but I'm postponing it because I am taking my D13 to her school orientation. I plan to go to the gym tomorrow night instead and am considering something on the exercise ball tonight at home.

Having chicken breast rolled in wheat germ, browned in Pam, then simmered in a lemon caper wine sauce along with dilled steamed summer squash for dinner.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Happy Birthday Tammy!!

Tonight my fiance and I are hitting the gym. I was there this morning so I'm excited to make the most of it. It's not often we get to go together.

For dinner is leftover ham I made over the weekend. It is SO delish and 93% fat free. Except for the Sodium. LOTS of sodium. I didn't check that when I bought it. Ouch. :grumble: I've been drinking TONS of water to make up for it though. :wink:

Oh and I'm having onions potatos and mixed veggies with mine. SO is having cheesy potatos with his. :noway:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Hey everyone! I was wrong about it being easier to lose weight when I came home to live by myself at school...everyone wants to go out to eat all the dang time!! Today I got to go out to a really expensive restaurant and I thought I was being semi-good with getting sushi...then I get home and it was 400 calories for the roll!! And I got creme brulee :) But that wasn't even that bad. So, needless to say, I have 150 calories for the rest of the day (dinner, and I get no afternoon snack). I am sad :( It's like they hide calories in places you wouldn't expect :noway: It should be illegal to have like 1200 calorie cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory or a 1000 calorie cheeseburger at Red Robin. UGHHHHHH

Sorry had to rant!!

LW: 170
    TW: 169

Woohoo! Broke into the 160s!!

YAY!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!! :drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    I've been on the elliptical all week so since my hubby is actually home tonight I think I'll pound 5 miles of pavement with a good walk then it's abs & legs tonight.

Dinner- I think we are doing taco's tonight :)
  • kandyjo
    Hi All,

Woohoo! Congrats to all those who are working hard on their goals. As long as your are being honest with yourself, trying hard, and making adjustments when needed then it doesn't matter if you lost, maintained or gained a little. It will come off in the long run and fluctuations and plateaus are natural. It is your body's way of adjusting to changes it is going through.

I am very excited today. It's my birthday and I had a mini goal of being 235 by today and I weighed in today at 230.8. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My next mini goal is to be 225 by September 14 and I feel confident that I will meet and beat that!

Well, take care all and be good to yourselves and your bodies.

Tammy
    :flowerforyou:

Happy, Happy Birthday and congrats on blowing your mini goal away!!!!! :drinker:
  • magglett
    its-friday.gif
  • We have a bunch of missing June Starters. Sandi and Daisy_may come immediately to mind. Did they say they would be MIA?

Where did everyone go?

I was busy moving this week...sorry.

I weigh in at 160

LW-163
    But really almost 2 weeks now so.... I didn't lose any weight last week though and I was getting worried. This week since we are moving we ate such junk and now I lose, whatever, I will take it.
  • magglett
    I'm feeling fat and puffed out today ... do you ever get days when you feel like that? The scale doesn't show any gain or anything ... I guess Its in my mind.
    0012-0711-1721-4014_fat_orange_cat_sleeping_in_a_lazy_chair_clipart.jpg
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I'm totally feeling the same way. I went way over on sodium yest and I'm convinced that's why I feel like dirt today. Plus I missed my workout at the gym yest since our sitter baled on us. :mad: :explode: :grumble:

Drink tons of water!! :drinker:

I'm going to the gym after work to see if that makes me feel anybetter. (For real this time. :laugh: )

And Magglett I just have to add that your very inspirational! I love that you keep checking in with tidbits and pictures and such!
  • magglett
    Awe ... busymom74 ... you're making me blush :blushing:
  • magglett
    AWWW.jpg
  • magglett
    I have to share something ... well I guess you could say I have to brag ... I'm so excited. When I first started this journey I measured myself and I haven't done it again ... until tonight. I knew there would be a change but WOW!!!!! I've lost 5.5" off my bust (which makes my hubby pout), 4.5" off my waist, 2.5" off my hips, and before I joined MFP I had a panniculectomy which left me will this spare tire type thing above my hips so I call this my "scared area" ... well there's also 6" gone from that area too. Holy Moly man ... no wonder people are stopping me to ask what I've been doing. There really is a big difference eh? Thank you thank you thank you to everyone involved with MFP. You're the best!!!
    yay-773135.jpg.gif
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    I have to share something ... well I guess you could say I have to brag ... I'm so excited. When I first started this journey I measured myself and I haven't done it again ... until tonight. I knew there would be a change but WOW!!!!! I've lost 5.5" off my bust (which makes my hubby pout), 4.5" off my waist, 2.5" off my hips, and before I joined MFP I had a panniculectomy which left me will this spare tire type thing above my hips so I call this my "scared area" ... well there's also 6" gone from that area too. Holy Moly man ... no wonder people are stopping me to ask what I've been doing. There really is a big difference eh? Thank you thank you thank you to everyone involved with MFP. You're the best!!!
    yay-773135.jpg.gif
    Congratulations. I love your new pic. too. I have a suggestions for the June Starters group. I've read through some of the other groups and they talk daily about whatever is going on in their lives. Our group tends to give stats on weigh ins and there isn't much talking going on. I'd really like to get to know everyone. :drinker:
  • ilike2moveit
    I'm totally feeling the same way. I went way over on sodium yest and I'm convinced that's why I feel like dirt today. Plus I missed my workout at the gym yest since our sitter baled on us. :mad: :explode: :grumble:

Drink tons of water!! :drinker:

I'm going to the gym after work to see if that makes me feel anybetter. (For real this time. :laugh: )

And Magglett I just have to add that your very inspirational! I love that you keep checking in with tidbits and pictures and such!
    I like that too!
  • kandyjo
    I'm feeling fat and puffed out today ... do you ever get days when you feel like that? The scale doesn't show any gain or anything ... I guess Its in my mind.
    0012-0711-1721-4014_fat_orange_cat_sleeping_in_a_lazy_chair_clipart.jpg

GRRRR...yes, I have days like that. I usually stay far away from the scale on days like that...:grumble:
  • kandyjo
    yay-773135.jpg.gif

Awesome!!! I am so proud of you!!!! :drinker:
  • magglett
    Hello June Starters: I hope you're all having a fun filled weekend. I don't know about where you are but here in Niagara, Ontario the weather is really wonky ... this morning I went for a one and a half hour walk ... when I started it was super hot and humid and there was nothing but blue skies to be seen ... then this huge black cloud rolled passed and hid the sun and dropped the temperature a bit ... then the blue skies were back again with the heat ... then when I got home the rain started for an hour or so, that brought the temperature right down ... now the sky is all clear again. I think mother nature is having a little manic/depressive episode today. She just can't make up her mind ... hmmm ... maybe she's menopausal (I can relate to the mood swings). Oh well ... other then the mixed up weather conditions, today has been pretty good. I got my exercise in first thing this morning and my food choices have been positive ... I wish every day was like that. Drop a note if you get the chance ... how's your day going?

beautiful-day-butterfly.gif
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Hi Everyone, Im glad to see that you are all still here!:happy:

I had sort of given up, so had a month off!:tongue:

But I'm back with plenty of weight to lose, when the kids let me use the wii, I will go see how much damage i've done!:explode: Anyway I'm sick of looking like Miss Messy, and want to be Leah again, so I'm back. I know some of you are discouraged but I'm guessing you still better about yourself than you did before you started so keep it up, it will all be worth it and we are worth the effort!:wink:

I'll let you know the damage on next checkin, are we still checking in mondays?

See you then! Leah x:heart: x
  • ilike2moveit
    Hi Everyone, Im glad to see that you are all still here!:happy:

I had sort of given up, so had a month off!:tongue:

But I'm back with plenty of weight to lose, when the kids let me use the wii, I will go see how much damage i've done!:explode: Anyway I'm sick of looking like Miss Messy, and want to be Leah again, so I'm back. I know some of you are discouraged but I'm guessing you still better about yourself than you did before you started so keep it up, it will all be worth it and we are worth the effort!:wink:

I'll let you know the damage on next checkin, are we still checking in mondays?

See you then! Leah x:heart: x
    Glad that you are back. Weigh ins are on Monday but some people have Wednesday as their weigh in. Good Luck Ya'll.
This discussion has been closed.