Plastic surgery has changed my life!

Options
orishp
orishp Posts: 214 Member
I know this might be controversial, as this site is supposed to be for weight loss without the help of the knife, but plastic surgery has changed my outlook on my life and my body.

I am a mom of 2, I breastfed each kid for almost a year, so I always knew after I was done with kids I would get a boob job to get things "back in place". In april I decided to go ahead and do it, and while I was at it I got some lipo done on my belly to get rid of the muffin top.

I did a lot of research about lipo, and I was (still am) terrified of reports that say that if you gain the fat back it comes back with a vengeance, and I told myself that was not going to be me. Plus I was EXTREMELY happy with the results, it was a major confident boost so I set myself to do everything I can to maintain those results.

Once I recovered from my surgery I started the sona med spa diet. Essentially low calories, very little carbs or sugars, no dairy, high protein diet, with some supplements. It has always been difficult for me to loose weight, so I knew I needed extra help. I use MFP to track my cals/nutrients.

At first I couldn't exercise, but once I got the go ahead from my doc I started walking at first and now I am working out 5 out of 7 days a week, and I find myself for the first time in my life excited about going to the gym and WANTING to exercise.

6 weeks have passed and I have lost 10 lbs, I feel great, have lots of energy, and love the reflection looking at the mirror. I am almost back to my pre-babies weight and pants that I haven't been able to wear in 4+ years now fit (tight, but fit!)

I still have a way to go, but I am really hoping that this is a true life changing event, and that I can keep it up.

I have 2 more weeks of the more restrictive diet, and then I can start adding dairy and carbs in moderation. I will still track my calories, and I am hoping even then I can still loose the few pounds I have to my goal weight.

Replies

• lowash67
    lowash67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Post before and after pictures
  • raitch
    raitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'd love to see pics!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm planning on getting plastic surgery done myself after I hit my goal weight. I gained 90 pounds with my twins, and no amount of diet or exercise will attach my skin back to the muscles. (Just google "twin skin" to see what I'm talking about) Trying to lose the weight first so my recovery will be quicker and hopefully the surgery a little cheaper.

Good luck on keeping it off!
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    Good for you! I've had two kids also and gained a lot of weight with each so after I lose it with diet and exercise I too am planning to get my stomach fixed. I'm not one of those lucky women who popped right back into normal shape after pregnancy. I agree that no amount of diet and exercise will attach the skin back to the muscle!!!!!!!!!!
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    Congrats! I am also dying to see pictures!!!
  • TheDecision
    Options
    pics of boobies or it didn't happen
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'll post pics when I reach my goal, pinky swear
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Be careful when you reintroduce dairy. When I was nursing my first born, I had to cut out dairy (he was allergic). It was a great way to lose the baby weight, BUT when I reintroduced that food group, I very quickly gained the weight back AND MORE!!!! Be sure to work it back in slowly.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck and it changed my life!! I love it !! I
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

mhahah...personally i would only have my boobs done..i dont want them bigger thought i just want a lift so they can be back up there..i mean they arent bad but i can tell a difference..
    anyways i dont have enough money for any of that so no reason thinking about it lol
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    LOL
  • johnodriscoll3
    Options
    bahahahaha, my kinda guy
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options

LMAO you sound like my brother
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    want to do this at some point but terrified. You have guts I give you that. Good job on the weight loss to. I know how it does make a difference in how we do things when our confidence is up. Keep up the good work. We are keeping you to that pinky swear, just because it's the pinky doen't mean it doesn't count LOL:smile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    tits or gtfo
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had a body lift in dec of 2011 and I'm just starting to get use to the 'new' me. Totally totally worth it. Was super motivation to find a diet that worked for me and to get my rear into the gym.

Best of luck to you and YEA!!!!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

^^^ LMAO!!
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know this might be controversial, as this site is supposed to be for weight loss without the help of the knife[..]

Actually it's a site about fitness. If you are getting more fit with the help of surgery, then there is nothing wrong with that either, I find.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Yay! I don't have a problem with going under the knife as long as there's a lifestyle change to accompany it. Congrats on losing!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have started a boob job jar the first place I loose weight is in my boobs and they were not that big to begin with.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!