What do you have planned for dinner tonight????

Options
cramernh
cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
Found myself in a food-frenzy at the store - TONS of bargains and I really loaded up!

Tonight's dinner is Gai Pad Krapow! Thai Basil Chicken...

I'll lay that on top of an array of freshly stir-fried vegetables: mung beans, shanghai, onions, mushrooms, colorful peppers and gahhhhhhlic..

Replies

• slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Bulgur wheat and tuna pilaf with capers.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm eating out tonight ....... salmon & large Mediterranean salad (greens, olives, peppers, tomatoes, cheese) with balsamic vinegar ...... might have slice of good bread dipped in olive oil ...... and a glass of wine .....

:drinker:
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    lol I have no idea. I'm hoping the man will cook but if he does not probably just a spinach salad with strawberries and some other veggies thrown on there.
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    It's fathers day here (UK) i'm having chinese take away with my dad :bigsmile:
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Gosh now that I think about it I have no clue what to make... I'll keep this thread for ideas :)
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I made a delicious beef casserole (its winter her in oz) with carrots, a few potatoes and a little rice.
  • lucystrut
    lucystrut Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    roast gammon (ham) with brussels sprouts, cabbage and green beans. mmm.
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    fridge is pretty bare but i'm thinking soba noodles in a peanut sauce with some roasted tofu, peppers and onions.

i'm using the peanut sauce from this recipe:

http://www.loveandlemons.com/2012/05/18/peanut-soba-noodles-edamame-kale/
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    My husband and i are preparing pot roast with some potatoes and carrots in the crockpot for my father-in-law. i already started the meat so it should end up super tender. Happy father's day everyone!
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Home made chilli houmous, 3 Ryvita's, selection of home pickled veggies, home made semolina slice.
    I can't wait for 9pm to come around! :)
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Steaks, baked potatoes, salads, and Great lakes beer for the dads! :drinker:
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yey, someone else who eats bulgur! :)
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    hopefully steak with some bulgar wheat and some veg :)
  • skinyZ
    skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    sausages and veg,

i' m making it for the family with roast potatoes but im not having them myself
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Found myself in a food-frenzy at the store - TONS of bargains and I really loaded up!

Tonight's dinner is Gai Pad Krapow! Thai Basil Chicken...

I'll lay that on top of an array of freshly stir-fried vegetables: mung beans, shanghai, onions, mushrooms, colorful peppers and gahhhhhhlic..

Totally OFF topic-- I love Sheldon!!!
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wedding food. Unknown factors abound in all ways possible.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    For Father's day my sister is having the family over.

They are smoking ribs & chicken.
    I am brining over strawberries, summer squash, zuchini, and corn on the cob.

We are having strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'll make it with demerera sugar and eat my 1/2C of strawberries (slow carbs) and have only a 2"x2" piece of her homemade short cake.

The zuchini and squash will be baked and topped with a little bit of shredded cheese. I'll have 1/2C (slow carbs).

The corn (1/2 ear) and the short cake will be my fasxt carbs and my "boost" for the holiday.

For protein I'll have about 3oz breast and 2 small ribs; no sauce.

YUM!!! I can't wait!!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Dominoes pizza, it's the last day for the half off sale.
  • gerinta
    gerinta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, that recipe sounds amazing!
    Thanks for the link
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Chopped tomatoes, spinach, bok choi, onions, chick peas, aubergine (egg plant) garlic and seared tuna steaks. Throw it all in a pot, simmer for an hour = taste explosion.

(But secretly wishing I could use my Domino's 50% discount voucher, lol)