Body Fat % vs. Weight - photo included

Options

Replies

• margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps for all the great feedback! Its hard work and dedication - as you can see, it pays off!

1. I'm not a runner, I'm a trotter. 5K tops. I run for the fun and fitness levels, not the distance or the time.

2. I have a mini gym in my basement, no excuses not to work out. Most of my equipment is hand me down stuff, I spent little to no money while shopping garage/yard sales. I lift heavy weights 3x week, full body one hour. If I cant make an hour, then its upper body 30 mins next day 30 mins lower/core. I change up my routines every three weeks, gotta keep it interesting! I also listen to my body when its time to rest. Its easy to over do it sometimes.

3. I eat my TDEE and I eat clean 80% of the time. 40/30/30 macros. I find food is fuel and it has fueled my body well!

4. I do not log exercise since I have my BMR & TDEE covered in the options with MFP's custom settings

Lots of success stories here on the boards. Want to thank you all for your inspiring words and successes that keep *me* going too!

:drinker:
    Cheers!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on the fabulous lowering of your body fat %! You look amazing.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    AWESOME
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you for posting!! I am going through this right now, it is hard to not see the scale move when everyone, including myself, sees success as pounds lost. Thanks again!!
  • lizziebartlett
    Options
    Your story has given me hope...I am excercising now and eating approx 1200-1400 calories a day but the scales are not changing.. but do feel I am toning after 4 weeks so I will kleep going thanks :):smile:
  • Elenuska
    Elenuska Posts: 3
    Options
    It's amazing the room that fat was taking!! I had never seen anything like it! Congratulations! You look great! How tall are you?
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Thanks for posting-that is just what i needed to see! My scale has not moved much in last several months but adding weight traning in has increased definition in my arms! I recently did measurements including body fat so looking forward to watching those numbers instead!

^
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Like other people, I REALLY needed that right now. Working hard at exercise for the first time in my life, and the scale is making it a lot harder.

Thank you so much for posting, and congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this great reminder that this isn't about weight loss but about health and fitness. You've done fantastic work.
    I wish MFP would allow us to use alternate measurements for our tickers so we could set more goals like BF% and post results more often.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
    <=>
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Incredible difference. Very inspiring. Congrats.
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this is what I needed to read at this point in my journey. The scale is not moving but am looking slimmer and feeling healthier, I might just give up weighing myself.

Well done
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY know what you mean!!! In January 2012, I weighed 160 and was a 10/12 (not sure of BF%)... and Now I weigh 154, 23% BF and wearing a 5/6 :bigsmile:

I figure as long as I am strength training, building muscle, pushing my fitness limits and eating healthy, I can weigh more and be healthier... As I always say "Muscle is HOT, skinny fat is NOT!"

Awesome job, keep up the great work!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Thank you SOOOO much for posting this! Next time someone is griping about the scale not moving...I know where to send them!!!

You are ROCKING IT! Very nicely done!
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Wow, what a transformation!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I am close to goal weight but know I still need some transforming to do. Your before/after rule!! You are a seriously awesome inspiration!! :flowerforyou:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    More proof that the scale was invented by some greedy CEO...or the devil himself. Awesome work.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! the scale hasn't moved for me but I have significantly changed my strength training routine (I like lifting heavy) so it may be muscles! hmmm *wishful thinking*
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing. What a difference!

That just made me a firm believer in exercise going hand in hand with losing weight.

Way to go!!
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    wow what a big change - congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!