Body Fat % vs. Weight - photo included

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I came across a photo taken in August 2011, then took a photo of myself currently. Wow. What a difference. I'm currently 145lbs and my body fat is down to 21%, I have been maintaining these stats since March 2012. Also losing nearly 15 inches off my body - ALL in my mid section and thighs! I can see, now, how exercise affects

isnt it crazy when you think, how did i get here, and when you work so hard, the scale means nothing compared to how you look and feel
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Love this post, a testament and even more reason why I am no longer paying attention to the scale and more at what I look like naked. lol
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    Great job! That really does show how the scale can lie. You look amazing!
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! So in order to lose body fat % you must lift weights?
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! Just another proof that what the scale says means *nothing*

You look fantastic and you seemed to have lost some years as well!
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Last year I had two injuries. A much needed knee surgery followed by a broken collar bone. Both set me back most of the year with exercise and activity. Though the scale didnt seem to be an issue, I noticed my clothes were getting tighter.

I was becoming "skinny fat" I was eating my BMR and nothing more. The only activity I was allowed for a period of time was PT and even that wasnt enough to burn calories.

Once I got back into the swing of things again in Oct. 2011 (endurance and heavy lifting) I noticed my clothes were getting loose and I was happy to feel the changes. I started at 28% body fat and 148lbs

I came across a photo taken in August 2011, then took a photo of myself currently. Wow. What a difference. I'm currently 145lbs and my body fat is down to 21%, I have been maintaining these stats since March 2012. Also losing nearly 15 inches off my body - ALL in my mid section and thighs! I can see, now, how exercise affects me and how I really need to incorporate it into my healthy lifestyle.

Hope this visual will help someone in their own journey. Dont give up, keep moving forward! You will achieve your goal!

bodyfat-2.jpg

Thank you! My digital scale says I am at 34% body fat and it is all in my "core area". You are an inspiration! My goal is to be toned and have a flat stomach. Seeing you makes it seem possible for me. Send me a friend request if you like.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You have made probably one of the most important posts I have seen on this site. I wish everybody could see it. You have shown the importance of body fat % in the fitness picture. Thanks so much for this post... EXCELLENT! You look great by the way!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You wouln't think it's just a three-pound diff! You look fantastic!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone couldsee this!!! Excellent job & thanks
    For Sharing!!
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You have made probably one of the most important posts I have seen on this site. I wish everybody could see it. You have shown the importance of body fat % in the fitness picture. Thanks so much for this post... EXCELLENT! You look great by the way!
    ^^^^this^^^^
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic; huge difference!
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow! thats all I can say!!
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    excellent!
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    lol ok gotta be honest..first thing that popped out of my mouth was "holy ****"....lmao awesome job girl....definate motivation for me to keep going. :) and to quit worrying about that damn number.
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder - it's not all about the scale.
  • Chasinadream
    Chasinadream Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational to see and read...thanks for sharing!
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    awesome! what a difference!
  • DBB07
    DBB07 Posts: 40
    Options
    #Winner.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! You look fantastic! =)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Might not be a huge ampunt pf difference in weight but my goodness you can tell the difference in inches. You look awesome, it is amazing what a difference exercise will make.
    You look great, well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!