HELP! I went over my daily calories!

Options
13»

Replies

• spankydavis
    Options
    Burn those 77 calories with an extra walk! Go go go go!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You are overreacting big time! You will be FINE :)
  • teacherlisa04
    Options
    Hi....you shouldn't worry about going over once in a while. I have lost 30 pounds with the help of this site and for the last month I have been stuck.......hit a major plateau! So, I have been eating over (by more than you) and I am not gaining any weight. I think our bodies need time to adjust and if the calories do flexuate by a couple hundred or so you will still be just fine. Also, go to the TOOLS page here on myfitnesspal and look up just how many calories you need to just live. Look up your resting calories which are the calories you body needs to simply function and as long as you don't eat over that many calories a day, you will be just fine. For example, my calorie total to lose weight is 1200. My body uses 1644 to keep me alive, lol, so as long as I don't go over 1644 I think I am doing good and I am still producing a calorie deficiet each day! Good luck!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Yes you are doomed forever.

Not sure if serious.

DOOMED!! :tongue: ...........nah 77, don't lose sleep. I did "Body for Life" back in 2001 and the author encouraged having a "cheat day" every now & then, I agree and so far it's workingbout ok
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am writing this post from a table at Champps sports bar and grill where my wife is hosting a meetup group.

At this moment, I am 932 calories over thanks to a guacamole burger and onion rings.

I will go home, hop on my bike or go for a jog and eliminate a bunch of it if not all of it,. If I don't get it all, I'm not going to worry about it. Even if I didn't do another thing, its only a quarter pound in the long run and I can work that off over the next few days, worse case scenario,

Current plan, work it off tonight on the bike.

:bigsmile:

By the way, I am now at 55 pounds lost in the past five months (despite my ticker below, which has not been kept accurate.)
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    Banished to hell for eternity! ;) NOT!

You're fine ... 77 calories is a negligible amount. Relax!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    77 is okay, I doubt that is over your maintenance.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That is not that much, dont worry about it.
  • bnjlindsey
    bnjlindsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Changing your lifestyle doesn't happen without moments like these. Learn from the experience and move forward. It is hard to let these days go but that is what you have to do. You might be surprised and still lose for the week, but if you don't, don't give up. Tomorrow is a new day and another opportunity to eat right. Hang in there, you will be fine. ; )
  • mmwerner
    mmwerner Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW. Thank you everyone for the very supportive and informative comments.

I know it's hard to understand how I would think 77 calories would completely derail me, but I'm sure how all of you can understand desperately wanting to lose weight and wanting to see a consistent weight loss every week. I was really dissapointed in myself for going over. Admittedly, I know nothing about how weight loss works really so this has been very eye opening.

I see now that as someone put it 77 calories is "a drop in the ocean" lol or something like that. I understand that I should be looking at my overall week and not just one single day.

Promise to do that from now on. Thanks again and good luck to all of you on your personal weight loss journey as well. :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Help!!

So I went 77 calories OVER my daily limit the other day and now I am truly scared that I have messed up my weight loss for the entire week. I have been really really good about it otherwise, but unfortunately I forgot to measure my pasta yesterday and I ate entirely too much with dinner!

Can anyone tell me from personal experience, will this little extra mess up my weight loss this week?! I really hope not. Thanks, for the help as always.

Hey add me and read my blogs, I have posted some really good information you might like and might help you. If you can't find it click here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Iansmommy123011

I hope that helps. Good Luck! :)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Are you for real? -- It takes 3,500 calories to make up a pound. 77 is nothing. It's burned off by like getting off the sofa to go to the bathroom. :laugh: Relax.
  • GustavJr
    GustavJr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are not machines only so much in every day. We are human with human feelings and mistakes and must give ourselves the ability to forgive a little indulgence we eat to live and do enjoy food. just don't just overboard too many times.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound. no one can eat that much food in one setting.
    I don't think it would actually be that hard, especially in a restaurant. Creamy pasta, bread and butter, dessert, a couple mixed drinks... It'd be pretty easy to hide lots of butter, oil, cream and cheese in that.

But yeah, no worries, OP.
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You probably burn that many calories over the week totalled together from things you don't think about, like chasing after somebody briefly or walking briskly. Don't sweat it you're fine :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I went 2000 over one day a few weeks ago. Still lost weight! Could have knocked me over with a feather.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Are you seriously fretting over 77 calories? If you have a dog, walk the dog for 20 minutes, and boom you're probably back below your limit, and your dog will thank you for it too.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound. no one can eat that much food in one setting.
    I don't think it would actually be that hard, especially in a restaurant. Creamy pasta, bread and butter, dessert, a couple mixed drinks... It'd be pretty easy to hide lots of butter, oil, cream and cheese in that.

But yeah, no worries, OP.

Read some of the Eat This, Not That books... it is NOT hard to hot 3500 calories while eating out. A full rack of ribs at Outback (no sides) is 3,021 calories. Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta? 2,819 calories. California Pizza Kitchen's Thai Crunch Salad with Fresh Avocado? 2,238 calories. So, not hard at all.

I will be willing to admit it. When I was younger (and dumber) my family would go to Chili's. I would get a burger (1310 calories), a chocolate shake (690 calories), and we would shard a queso and chips (855 for half). That comes to 2,855 calories right there! That is about 1200 calories more then I eat in a DAY now... and that is one meal and we have not even added in dessert if we wanted it!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just remember, OP, it's MATH not MAGIC.
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    The easiest way I can think of to burn 77 calories is doing 150 jumping jacks. Every 100 is 50 calories burned, so.. maybe even do 300 and feel super good about yourself! It takes all of 5-10min. :D