Do you ever go over your daily calorie limit?

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    thlmao-1.gif?o=1&myalbum=1 No, never:noway:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    In my opinion no it does not :)
  • juanita415
    Options
    I find the calorie counts fairly low, OR I am greatly underestimating my activity level. I am logging exercise. I'm middle-aged, tall, have a good amount to lose and have just been using myfitnesspal for a few days, set to lose 2 lbs a week, and I know from other programs and knowing my body that 1470 is too low. I've averaged more like 1800-2000 during weight loss, prior to joining and after joining. (And lost 6 lbs since joining a few day ago.)
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    All the time. I am pretty good at staying within my limit but I try and not limit my social/fun and general enjoyment of life. I usually pick one day when I know I am going to leave the house and be lazy anyway and semi fast. I eat a big breakfast and then just water for the rest of the day. It stops me from being needlessly snacky and keep my weekly deficit in check.
  • artdoll
    artdoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amen to that. A little over is still better than I used to do that made me need to lose in the first place! I am losing and feeling good about it. A little over some days, a little under others. It still works as long as I exercise.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You would have to do that for about a month and a half to gain back one pound. Do the math.

Not a problem.
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I go over more often than under..but I eat healthy food so it doesnt seem to matter
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    i regularly go over ... but still every once in a while im under... don't worry about it.. just say to urself this is not a diet it's the rest of your life if u stay close to that magic number ur good
  • Cindylou321
    Options
    Yes silly this is why I have to try to track otherwise I would be as big around as I am tall.. so basically I would be a 5' beach ball lookin chick...
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I went 362 calories over today, but I burned off 1200 calories on the treadmill. We all go over by a little sometimes, and sometimes by a lot. It's cliche, but tomorrow is another day.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If your daily calories are calculated by mfp, and you do not have it set over tdee then feel free to go over. That limit is not meant to be the number of you gaining weight.

Mfp set me to 1200 to lose a lb a week
    I set it to 1650 to lose a lb a week with success without exercise
    Im exercising now and maintain at usually above 2000.
    Im maintaining at 5'7 and 120 lbs.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Went over every day last week. Lost 1.5kg :-)
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Yes, about everyday since I've been on this (since Jan), dropped 45 lbs. I want my body to get used to the most amount of food it can take in and still lose weight.
  • oldsalty1
    oldsalty1 Posts: 70
    Options
    Most days I am right on the calorie count or a little over...this week I have been under 4 days with hard muscle confusion cardio and high burn Zumba. Not sure at all I am eating enough...haven't lost any in weight in 2 weeks. Hence adding in the new cardio...

You guys tell me...55 female 200 lbs .. up and down constantly at work...1 hour every other day at least of Zumba or cardio...
    How much should I eat to loose 2 lbs a week? Been at this for 3 weeks on this plan. Previously I had lost 40 lbs.(8 months ago) still want to loose 40 more..but something has got to give...getting discouraged with no weight loss..
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Happens to me. I just brush it off and try to do better the next day and "make it up" in the gym (i know there's no real make up but it makes me feel better)

Life goes on you'll have days where you go over.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Of course. Think of it this way, how many times do you go under by 50-80 calories? It's just a goal to stay around not a strict limit.

That said, I don't like being over, I don't like the red numbers, but I just try to think I'm under every other day, it averages out. I also take a weekly average.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Since MFP automatically calculates a calorie deficit, the calorie amount per day is a goal, not a limit. If you are within 100 or so calories on either side of the goal you will lose weight. You just don't want to be too much over or under on a regular basis.

I've suggested to MFP that they should change their auto-postings to state "John Doe was within 100 kcal of his calorie goal today" rather than simply state that we are under. I think the current way sends the wrong message.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
    <=>
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to keep in mind that going over by, say, 100 calories a day will not magically make you gain weight - it will only make you lose weight slower. You're still going where you want to be going, and unless you're crunching hard for a big upcoming event, it doesn't really matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop. When I'm over, I just shrug it off and remind myself that the number that popped up for 5 weeks from now is still lower than my current number. No sweat, I got time. :drinker:
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Yeah, don´t sweat it! It´s a marathon for life, not a sprint for a short while. You´ll do fine. As some says, they have a day off a week. An advice I personly will keep in mind. Don´t worry about it!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Every so often I have a day where I drink and eat take out and don't go to gym. On those days I end up over by 1000's of calories sometimes but they're pretty rare.