So if diet is 80%.....

Options
13»

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Uh-huh....

Thanks, but I'll keep getting my information from DOCTORS i trust, not off some random Paleoperson on the internet.

Whatever (biggest eye roll ever).

I see a Naturopathic M.D. who also has several degrees in Nutrition and is also a registered dietician who actually adheres to the Hippocratic Oath she took.

So, I only take information from HER.

I experienced the worse health of my life as a vegetarian turned vegan years ago. Soy intake caused hypo-thyroid and PCOS because it is not healthy in the least and it is the most GMO grain that is subsidized and grown.

These forums are entertaining in the fact that people think TV Dr's (like Dr Oz) are the know all and be all and he changes his view almost daily.

I get my laughs off reading these forums.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Whatever is right. And I didn't say jack about Oz.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Food for Life is an excellent book. I am not a vegetarian and I learned a lot from it. I also like Dr Andrew Weil's optimum health series. 8 Weeks to Optimum health was the first book of his that I read.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I read Burn the fat, feed the muscle. (Get your pdf here: http://www.grandalfitness.com/documents/pdf2/BurnTheFatFeedTheMuscle.pdf )

It's not so much about loosing wait, or dieting. But mostly about what your body needs. Why you need proteins, fat, carbs and what your body does with it. It explains about your metabolism as well. It's written for bodybuilders more than for dieters. But if you ever look at a bodybuilder working towards a match you're not seeing a fat person. So there must be something to the tricks they use to get their bodies in shape.

I'm definitely not a body builder (I have cooked spaghetti rather than muscles) but there was a lot in this book that helped me make good choices about my food.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options

Whatever (biggest eye roll ever).

I experienced the worse health of my life as a vegetarian...

I think I'd take advice from even Dr. Oz before someone who (1) thinks their personal anecdote has any relevance and (2) says "Whatever (biggest eye roll ever)". :laugh:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Not everyone wants to be a vegan or vegetarian and is not necessary for good health. In fact, I have seen more vegans / vegetarians that have had major health issues than ones I have seen experience good health.
    Which health issues are you referring to? The 3 biggest causes of death in America are related to high meat diets.

And reading up on good health doesn't make you a vegan or vegetarian. For those that don't want to take that step, i understand, i didn't want to for years. It's still a good idea to include a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet. And, if you must eat animal products, at least try to seek out higher quality meats, not that factory farm stuff, and don't eat too much of it. It clogs your arteries and raises your cholesterol, and your risk of several fatal diseases. Personally, i do skip all the animal products, and i've been healthier ever since i decided to do so.
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    I would look into the "You" books by Dr Oz. I started reading one and it just breaks down how food/macronutrients work and why it's important to you. I think I was reading "You on a Diet", but I can't remember because I have his first two "You" books. But I thought the content was easy to read and understand.

I love Dr. Oz, thanks!

Dr Oz is a quack.

Dr. Oz maybe a little nutty, but I think he has an interesting take on things.