For all you 5'3" ladies out there... Ideal weight!?

Options

Replies

• Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and am happiest around 115-120. My current goal is 120, but i am small framed, pear shaped and tend to be skinny fat regardless of how much weight training i do!

There are ways to test your frame size. Apparently the easiest way is to put your fingers round your opposite wrist over the bones. If your thumb and middle finger overlap you are small framed, if they just touch you are medium framed and if they don't touch you are large framed. This is a good indicator as to where to aim within your healthy range. Obviously the smaller framed you are the lower you aim on the scale.

I found this a good method to find a goal to aim for. BUT.... you need to do what feels right for you. Every body has its on "set" point or happy point and you should aim for that. When you are happy and have a healthy body and can maintain easily then that's the weight for you :)

Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend also. Caz x
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a small or medium frame. Either way my ideal weight would be between 115 and 120, but i feel like at 144 I still have a lot of fat on me which means I would probably need to get to a lower weight around 115. I don't look heavy with clothes on, but I without I still have plenty of fat to lose. It all depends on the person. My roommate in college was 5'5 and 150 and she looked like super fit and was a size 4.. so it all depends on a person's body shape and how they carry their weight... i unfortunately don't carry it well.
  • jayrdubya
    jayrdubya Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (on a good day) and back in my pre-pregnancy days, I needed to stay around 130 to look healthy. At my smallest, I was 112, and even though I didn't see it then, when I look at pictures from that time I realize how sickly I looked.
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hmm... It can really vary can't it? I'm looking to get down to 75kg, see what I look like and go from there, cause I have NEVER as an adult been a healthy weight. My doctor said the theory is 55-65kg (double it to work in lb) but as I say, I'm just going for 75kg and then re-assess the situation, since that's quite enough of a challenge for me as it is!

Keep going girl, you look gorgeous!
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    150-154lbs was about perfect for me (that height), lower made me get lots of gaunt comments.
  • saltandice17
    saltandice17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, I started with an initial goal last year of lbs but when I reached it I wasn't entirely satisfied. I guess it will vary from person to person according to body type, frame, age etc (I'm only 17), but I felt best at about 110-112lbs. I've now regained a lot of it and so 115lbs is my first goal and if I feel I can do better, I set more goals by 2lb intervals until it suits me. Whilst it is very important to keep a FEASIBLE initial goal in line, it needn't be set in stone. I could tell 5lbs from my goal of 115lbs that it wouldn't be ideal for me, so it demoralised me a bit. That all said, now I'm older and more mature, I will settle for 115-117 :)

Sorry for the ramble!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'4" (probably closer to 5'3.5" honestly) and I'm in the 145-150lb range. I would consider myself large framed. I know it seems like the high end for the height, but I am happy and content here. It is easy for me to maintain (which is important) and I can buy a pair of size 10 pants off the rack at any store, in any brand and they fit.
  • SteelMagnoliaxx
    SteelMagnoliaxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" with a small frame, currently 115 (see profile pic for how I look at this weight) looking to stay in the 110-115 range and just focus on having a healthier mindset toward food and being fit :)
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    at 130 I was happy and felt great. at 110, I look sick in pictures and my arms looked way too boney. I am aiming for 130 but set myself a mini goal of 150...I am currently 185 and I started out at 195...good luck on your journey!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    at 5ft 2.5 inches I'm aiming for 125-130.
    I would say im average frame i suppose.
    I'm currently 169.8 (at last weigh in ) and some think i should just maintain that.
  • chubbster17
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and aiming for 130-135? :) xx
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    At 53, I was too skinny. 56kgs is about right for me. I lose weight on my face/arms/chest more than my bum, legs and stomach so was too gaunt at 53, even though my legs etc were a bit too big.

It depends where you hold your weight.
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 2 and my goal is 125. That way I can fit into my old clothes sitting in my closet. I thought by the summer I'd be close. But alas I'm not.
  • cgp7201
    cgp7201 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 5'3" too. I was happy at 118 I have a medium to large frame. Right now I'm 127 and unhappy with my image. But it is different for everyone.
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm at 146 and I don't look as lean as you and I'm 5'3". Ideal for me might be 120-125.... I think it really, really varies.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. I was very happy between 120-125, so thats my goal again. Right now I'm 136. The lowest I got down to was 117,(pregnancy and morning sickness did that) which was pretty thin so I'm sure if I want to go under 120.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Current goal is 123lbs, but would like to get to 115lbs. Anything between 107lbs and 140lbs is considered healthy.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also 5'3 and I've been looking into this. I've found it can depend on your body shape. I'm curvy (always have been) with big boobs so I would always put myself at the higher end of the scale. Like you, I'm not going for the stick thin look, (I love my curves, I just want them to be a bit smaller), so I would aim for around 130 and then see how you feel. If you're still not happy then go lower. I'm also looking for new friends as I'm fairly new to this so feel free to add me!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I found this a good method to find a goal to aim for. BUT.... you need to do what feels right for you. Every body has its on "set" point or happy point and you should aim for that. When you are happy and have a healthy body and can maintain easily then that's the weight for you :)

Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend also. Caz x

Oops, quoted the wrong bit! I was talking about the wrist size technique!

That;s an awesome technique and so simple! Thanks for sharing!