For all you 5'3" ladies out there... Ideal weight!?

Options

Replies

• eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh around 128. I was around 125 for a while but that was when I was running 6 miles every day and eating 1200 calories a day. I couldn't keep it up... My knees hurt every day!

I'd love to be around 115 one day but I'm not sure how to get there since I eat pretty and exercise regularly. I'd also love to have a "bikini body." Even if I weighed 140 and was pure muscle, flat tummy I'd be happy! :)
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm under 5'3 (can't remember what exactly 5'2 something...) and I want to get down to 150 and see how that is. I was 130-140 in highschool and university and that was a good weight then. Right now i'm at 180 and 150 is my GW at the moment and I'll see how I look at that :). But maybe 140.... i know everyone is different. I don't know what size frame I am...but I know i've always had broad shoulders.

Might ask my doctor what he thinks once i get to 150...
  • marylarrimore5
    Options
    I am 5'3" but I don't really pay attention to the scale as when I was at my fittest (my profile pic) I weighed 134 lbs and fit into an old school size 4 (I say old school because most of the sizes are larger than they were 13 years ago). I found it refreshing when I read the responses that others were talking more about healthy and curvey rather than twiggy and sickly looking. I have always found a fit body to be way more attractive and women are meant to look like women not teenage boys. I look at the young female stars they show in the media and think why in the hell would anyone want to look as if they were just rescued after being adrift in a life raft for a month. You look good at your current weight and have done an outstanding job. It's all about better health.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I'm 5'3, my ideal weight would be 130-135. that's what my doctor reccommended and what I feel confident at :)
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a half, close enough! :)

I am at 115 now and have been weening myself off of MFP for a couple months. My goal weight is 113 and I think I can do another two pounds on my own without all the calorie counting.

I know a lot of people that are 5'3 and look great from 110 lbs to 140 lbs, all depends on if you have a larger frame or are a little curvier.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" hoping to get down to 115-120. Max is 125.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and currently about 58.4kg (128.7lbs). I'm looking to be around 50kg/110lbs (I'm small framed), but will reevaluate as I get closer to that weight. For me, it's more about a look than an exact number.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be back at 120, but I'd be okay with anything under 140.
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 125 lbs and have been awhile now . Ideally would love to be 120 but my body seems to have settled here so i will accept that . I am small to medium framed and in fairness if i go under the 125 my face can look a bit gaunt so i am not really looking to lose but working on the reducing body fat
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is me at 5'3" and 115 lbs. I dropped to 110 and was too thin IMO (and my husband's). I don't really know about "frame" size, but I wore a size 0 in most stores at that weight and was no longer able to shop at some, which actually kind of sucks (I am pregnant now, hence the past tense).
    But, I was also really happy with how I looked when I got married, about 5 years before this picture was taken, when I weighed 125 lbs and was a bit more muscular. I think it depends on the tone of your body more than what the scale says.

pic_zps01d78021.png
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and I weigh about 115lbs. :) and I'm hoping to stay near this weight while gaining some more muscle/losing more fat. At my heaviest I was about 145lbs, way too chubby for me.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Approx 17% body fat is what i want to get down to, maybe 15, that puts me to wanting 125-130lb since i have approx 112 of lean body mass (measured).

Will find out how i look when i get there (in probably quite a while)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'3, started at 220, and I'm now at 165. It's amazing how different my body is now, I finally am starting to feel thin!! yay!

I'd love to get to 140, but at that point, I will reevaluate. I had been working out pretty hard (broke my toe, contracted Salmonella poisoning, and another illness due to a hypersensitive reaction to the bacteria in my blood - it's been a rough 2 months for me!!) So the inches lost are pretty amazing (i'm down over 27 inches now).

I have NO idea where I want to be, I am just going to wait and see!

If it's ok, I'm going to send you a request!
  • dontdomornings92
    dontdomornings92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal weight is 110lbs. Right now I am at about 125lbs. I have a small frame.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It really does all depend on the individual. I am 5'4 and my body is happy at 122.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 138lbs, 5lbs away from my goal :-D
    I think age has a lot to do with what our 'ideal' weight should be :)
    I look really slim already at 138, in fact I get people telling me I don't need to lose anymore! But I also look slim cos I workout loads and have been lifting.
    when I was 20 I was really slim at 124lbs..now I know I'd look ill if I was that! I am fairly large framed so that also makes a difference.
    Everyone is different :-D

I am now in my 40's!
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yep - age is a big factor. Weight distribution changes as you age, not in a good way either!

I was 55kg for ages through my 20's and 30's (which is about (reaches for calculator) 121 lbs). I suppose I'm a medium+ frame.

I'm way over that now, but am aiming for 60kg (132 lbs). For my age, that would be a healthy weight.
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch shorter than you, and my ideal is 115 (it is also my pre-medical issues weight). I'm currently at 137.
  • misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am shooting to be back at 107 - 109. At that weight, I'm hoping I can get back into all of my pre-preggo clothes (though it will likely take some toning, too, since it's primarily all in my stomach region).
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 150lbs now.. the picture in my profile pic is the newest pic I have of myself..ultimately I would love to be 130lbs... I have flab in the tummy and too big of boobs.. i have shrunk probably 2 sizes since I started the weight loss.. I'd love to be in a 4-5..right now I'm still wearing 9-11's.....