For all you 5'3" ladies out there... Ideal weight!?

Options

Replies

• justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'', and my happiest weight is 103 lbs to 108 lbs, I have a small frame, and I just feel like I don't look good above 110. My heaviest was 118, and I felt miserable (probably mostly due to the birth control), but still- shows how much ideal weight can vary from person to person! :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5 and I look my best around 135. I like curves though, so anything less than 130 and i look gross.
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight is 112
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss, I am 5ft 3 and aiming for a toned and healthy 123 lbs
  • littlelawson83
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'd like to be anywhere under 140! :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It's really going to depend on your frame, how much muscle you retain and your shape.

I'm just shy of 5' 3", medium frame, fairly muscular (I lifted for a year before I started losing weight and still do), hourglass, a bit larger than average chest. I'm at 125 now, and I'm thinking to lose the fat in my lower belly that I'd like to, I'll probably need to be ~120. Maybe a little lower.
  • fembot02
    Options
    It depends on your body structure/bone size. You should try losing until you feel comfortable with your body. I would say between 115-120 looks healthy for a 5'3 frame. I'm also 5'3 I started at 149 on September 2011 and reached my goal of 115 on June 2012. I got to 108 at one point but since my bones are big I felt like they were showing too much so I went back to 115 and have been maintaining. Good luck on your journey and congratulations on what you've accomplished so far.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/ go here and fill in height etc :3 no one looks exactly the same.
    right now I'm happy with the weight, but I want to be fitter. I weigh about 116lbs
  • keekee66
    keekee66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight is only 2LBs more than mine :) I just started June 25th at 218LBs so far I've lost 13Lbs. I think as I near my goal I'll adjust (probably drop it lower) but my current goal I'm aiming for is 135. I know 135 is on the higher end for normal BMI for 5'3"
  • tinyfitlauren
    Options
    Holy **** you look amazing!

Im 5 3 and I am to be anywhere from 115 to 125. I was pretty happy when I was 122, but I will know when to stop when I am happy. Probably going to try (succeed) to get down to 120 then mainly focus on toning, which may put on muscle weight!

Like everyone says, were all different. I have a medium frame, and frame size can play a huge role in goal weight.
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hm. I am 5'3 and my starting weight was 127. I felt I didn't look bad then, but I felt I would look better smaller. I am now at 115, and I feel I am at a perfect weight for my height. I could lose or gain a couple and look good, but I feel 115 is perfect for me.
    I fluctuate between 113-116, and I am hoping to start back on weight routines. I am wanting my abs to be more visible, so I feel at 120 I will be happy.

As for you. I think 125-130 would look the best on your frame. Everyone carries weight differently.
  • kesharp2
    kesharp2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! First of all, congratulations that's amazing on your journey so far. I am 5'3 and I started at 200 lbs and am now 130. I am only trying to get to 125 but am pretty comfortable with where I am. Everyone carries their weight differently. I am medium framed and still have curves. It honestly depends on your body type. Also don't get too hung up on the number. When losing weight, we get so fixated, we begin losing muscle mass by not eating enough. You are doing great! Use your own body in the mirror as a way to gauge where you feel comfortable. It's still important to weigh, just remember it's about loving and taking care of your body (:
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    I am also almost 5'3'' and my goal was under 140. Now that I am almost there I am thinking around 125 because i have a wider frame.
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    As a teenager and into my 20's I was 112-118. My 30's I was 125-130 and in my 40's (early 40's) 135-150.

I think I looked best at 135.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I'm actually 5'4, but i am hoping for about 110!!!
    anyone similar to me?
    addd me
  • cloveygrl
    Options
    I am 5'4" with 125lbs of lean muscle mass+bone. My goal is 170 which is 26% body fat. While I'm probably abnormal in muscle - it just shows that you need to take into consider your body when setting goals. I obviously could not under any circumstance be 130lbs (that would 4% body fat) unless I cannibalized a bunch of my muscle.
  • EmmaChuu
    EmmaChuu Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh124 lbs currently and I'm 5'3" and 24. When I was 16, my weight reached to the highest point of 170lb. I tried lots of different diet and finally get to a stable weight of 122-124 lbs which is the same weight when i was13. Because of dieting instead of exericing, I lost lots of muscle but not as much fat and I think I looks like a 130+ lb girl. So my next step is to lose another4 lbs and then exercise down maybe another 5lbs.
  • tenniskc2
    tenniskc2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'3" and one time I got down to 130 and was shaky and looked sickly thin. My doctor said that as an active tennis player I should never go below 135.
  • Cazjames2000
    Options
    Gosh you don't look that weight in your pick. Are you sure your scales are right. You look fabulous
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" but trying to stay below 135.