You're so Vain!

Options

Replies

• Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So you seem to think this song is about you.

Horses!
  • meowstrom
    meowstrom Posts: 37
    Options
    You know what'd be great though, having abs/definition to show off as well in the midriff shirts, yeow.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Hmmm, really? I am the only one doing this to look good.

ARE YOU KIDDING?! :noway:

I'm convinced I can return to the size 8 I was AFTER I gave birth to my third child... Of course, I was 27 when I did it, but I figure even now that I'm 40ish (and with all the other success stories out there and on MFP) IT CAN BE DONE! Calories be darned!!! :laugh:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    No.... you're not alone. The others can't answer right now, I expect they're busy posing infront of the mirrors... :bigsmile:

This is the dress I just ordered... http://www.lightinthebox.com/trumpet-mermaid-halter-floor-length-evening-dress_p245970.html?utm_campaign=cartcross

I'm here to fit into it... the health and fitness are delightful side effects. Now THAT'S vanity..

That dress is amazing...i'm way too short to ever wear it, but it'll look amazing on you :)
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it so the hubs will look at me and say "Hot diggity! That's MY wife!"

True story.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    same here, I want to get thinner and healthier!!!

i can't stand being fat anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it so the hubs will look at me and say "Hot diggity! That's MY wife!"

True story.

Love it! I did get a "yowsers" the other day. And no, my hubby is not 80.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I completely admit I'm vain. I was vain fat, and I'm vain now.

Vain for the WIN.
    :P
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    Honestly...I saw pics from my vacation last year and almost puked....want to get back to my high school weight and find me a man!!! Lol...last part is an added bonus!!!!

I join you :-)
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I want to be comfortable in my skin.. go topless in the caribbean
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I want to look hot. For so many reasons!
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Of course, I want to look hot! Hopefully, younger too, but I won't hold my breath. I want to be able to walk into any store and find my cute little size 9, try it on and look fabulous. I was limited to Lane Bryant and The Avenue for sooo long. I'm now on the edge of normal. Able to get into a size 14 at JC Penny's. You know regular clothes are much cheaper. I want to have the ability to find the cool stuff at Good Will and those Vintage shops too. I love the Mad Men styles.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    To look good naked and not cringe in the mirror.... to be able to wear those clingy dresses without looking frumpy, and without wearing any "control" items underneath to smooth things out as has been suggested to me. Might make you look good in the dress, but when it comes off those things are not sexy lol. And to be fit and healthy so I can be active and have more outdoorsy type fun. I miss that. I used to be such a tomboy as a kid.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, really? I am the only one doing this to look good.

Not at all. I am primarily doing this for the way I look. Secondly, to experience less back pain when doing anything. To be completely honest, my overall health has never really been a driving factor (I know that is bad, but it's truth).
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No.... you're not alone. The others can't answer right now, I expect they're busy posing infront of the mirrors... :bigsmile:

This is the dress I just ordered... http://www.lightinthebox.com/trumpet-mermaid-halter-floor-length-evening-dress_p245970.html?utm_campaign=cartcross

I'm here to fit into it... the health and fitness are delightful side effects. Now THAT'S vanity..

That dress is amazing...i'm way too short to ever wear it, but it'll look amazing on you :)

Oh you're very kind, but my profile pic isn't of me. The dress would look fab on that model (it's a Boden model with the other outfit on that I've ordered). I'm about the same height as the gal wearing the dress I've just bought but she's a UK6 and I'm going to be a UK12 to wear the dress (currently a UK20). I'm also blonde and a bit (a lot!) top-heavy, but whatever it takes, I'm going to FIT INTO THAT DRESS. I chant it like a mantra, every day, every hour.... WHEN I get into it, I'll be spamming the board with a picture of me wearing it, and not in a 'shrink-to-fit' kind of way.

My personal trainer always tries to motivate me with 'healthful' thingies but he's given up with that and now he talks about 'The Dress' because he knows I'll do ANYTHING to get into it....It's just pain afterall... :love:
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I want to have cute clothes agian, and I want to have clothes that fit nice...now i feel like no matter what size I buy the fit just isnt good.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    I really thought this post was about me.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it so my son won't be able to walk up to me and jiggle my belly fat anymore. And I want to wear shorts. Pants get soo hot.. I don't even feel really comfortable in capris sometimes because of all the fat at my ankles. I want to be comfortable in my body and be the sexy girl I know I can be...

Also.. Bikini... :love:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My non-health reason is that I want to be a singer, but I know I can't get anywhere in the entertainment business as a woman without a pleasing figure. In addition to managing the heart health-related anxiety I've been experiencing for years, I'm jumping through the hoops I have to jump through in order to be successful in a performing career.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    yep, i'm within a healthy weight, just vanity weight to lose. i do think weighing less will make being active easier though. >_>