You're so Vain!

Options

Replies

• Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I WANT to look hot! I'm going to be honest right now....I'm going to be a slut when I drop all this weight.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i feel good about myself when i exercise, i feel good at the difference i'm making for my kids. but i dont agree that its because i want to "look hot" or "get skinny" i want to be healthy & if that makes me vain then thats what i am
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Here's a vain reason: my mom took family photos at Christmas and I was pissed that I was way fatter than all my sisters! (There are 4 of us, and they are all gorgeous). I had to hide in the back of the pics to disguise my belly. So yeah, I started out competing with my sisters, but now I'm doing it because it makes me feel good, haha. Although the fact that I'm getting married in 2014 and my sisters are my bridesmaids is still a consideration... I WILL look hotter than them in my wedding photos!!!! Hahaha.

This is us at Christmas, with me hiding on the far left:

Christmas2011small.jpg
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    er....bugger....yup, chubby vain or thin vain, I'm vain :(

But my training is first for functional strength so I can be the best I can be and keep challenging myself,
    it's just a nice side effect to look fitter too :)

Now where's the mirror LOL

ps
    I'm over 40 and past it....other peeps may not be, but I collect injuries like they're going out of fashion,
    not like in my 30s, when I'd spring back in days, not weeks!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    To look good naked and not cringe in the mirror.... to be able to wear those clingy dresses without looking frumpy, and without wearing any "control" items underneath to smooth things out as has been suggested to me. Might make you look good in the dress, but when it comes off those things are not sexy lol. And to be fit and healthy so I can be active and have more outdoorsy type fun. I miss that. I used to be such a tomboy as a kid.

And they are not comfortable either. PLUS, it just moves your fat around. Not pretty
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a cheer leading uniform tucked in the back of my closet that would be fun to get into. ;) I thought I was so fat back them. Duuuuuumb.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to walk around shirtless
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I WANT to look hot! I'm going to be honest right now....I'm going to be a slut when I drop all this weight.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    No.... you're not alone. The others can't answer right now, I expect they're busy posing infront of the mirrors... :bigsmile:

This is the dress I just ordered... http://www.lightinthebox.com/trumpet-mermaid-halter-floor-length-evening-dress_p245970.html?utm_campaign=cartcross

I'm here to fit into it... the health and fitness are delightful side effects. Now THAT'S vanity..

^ Your dress is gorgeous!! Good luck...I know that you will look smashing in it! :flowerforyou:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    A moment of truth - What is the real (by that I mean vain) reason you are trying to lose weight?

Mine is to 1) Look like the skinny girl I was in high school at my 20th reunion and 2) to look hot in a bikini again.

Same for me.

Apart from the "being a skinny girl" or looking "hot in a bikini". It really is down to vanity and I've accepted this a long time ago. I feel no shame about it, either.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A moment of truth - What is the real (by that I mean vain) reason you are trying to lose weight?

Mine is to 1) Look like the skinny girl I was in high school at my 20th reunion and 2) to look hot in a bikini again.

Same for me.

Apart from the "being a skinny girl" or looking "hot in a bikini". It really is down to vanity and I've accepted this a long time ago. I feel no shame about it, either.

Ha! I had to check your profile to make sure I understood. So, you want to look hot in a speedo?
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Lady boners.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have reasons other than appearance. Good reasons, and lots of them. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't take out the photo album to look at the skinny pics for motivation at least once a month. Apperance isn't reason #1, but it's definitely on my top ten. It might even be in the top 5.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Why should we feel ashamed? Looking good is something to be proud of. Those that worry about the sinfulness of vanity are a little to self-loathing for my tastes. I see no need to flog myself for speaking the truth.

I'm totally in this for the looks, eating healthy is only a side effect.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My first motivation in Jan 2011 was to look good on the cruise I went on last summer. Now it's to keep on getting hotter.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Same for me.

Ha! I had to check your profile to make sure I understood. So, you want to look hot in a speedo?

Speedos... naked... topless when training... taking a break from washing the car to drink a can of Pepsi... *shrug* :-D

Interestingly, vanity requires dedication and hard work.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this because I was tired of being fat.. and to make my friends jealous.

Up until I discovered Alcohol in college, I was a size 6.. left college and I was a size 10 at 180 pounds... and I was fat! I was not happy with what I saw at all... Had a stomach pooch, love handles, the whole 9 yards.

Fast forward a year, I weigh the same as I did 4 years ago... and back then I was wearing a 10.. and now I wear a 4! I haven't been a 4 since High School.. and It feels amazing! I'm also stronger and tighter... which means I look awesome naked!
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ta hell with looking good in a bikini.... I wanna look smokin naked! :devil: :explode:
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    um, to look rad and get attention?
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have my big milestone birthday celebration booked in September and I really would like look HOT getting in and out of that limo! :bigsmile: