Tummy tuck. Anyone have one???

Options
13»

Replies

• Ria428
    Ria428 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck with your tummy tuck. I am having one sept 17 th. was it hard to find a dr. You liked? Where do you live?
  • Ria428
    Ria428 Posts: 3
    Options
    13lbs from the tummy tuck? I wasn't aware it caused such dramatic weight loss! I am having one ( and breast lift) on sept 17 th!! So glad to hear u had a positive experience. Where do u live? Oops I sent to wrong person. Sorry, I am new to thus. :)
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Watching this : )
  • winter1213
    winter1213 Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow 13 pounds is great. My surgery was the 30th and I got the drains out yesterday - talk about ouch.
  • mamabear23
    mamabear23 Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow 13 pounds is great. My surgery was the 30th and I got the drains out yesterday - talk about ouch.

Holy crap those drains coming out were the WORST part of the whole thing.

I'm still really swollen too and now down 15 pounds. It really is life changing emotionally and physically.
  • mamabear23
    mamabear23 Posts: 15
    Options
    13lbs from the tummy tuck? I wasn't aware it caused such dramatic weight loss! I am having one ( and breast lift) on sept 17 th!! So glad to hear u had a positive experience. Where do u live? Oops I sent to wrong person. Sorry, I am new to thus. :)

I want to be clear I didn't do this for weight loss. I was expecting maybe a few pounds of skin so this was a shock to me. I'm in Michigan.
  • tacormier
    tacormier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Best thing I could have ever done for myself. After 2 babies and losing 70 pounds I was miserable with the gut that hung over my jeans. Makemeheal.com is a great resource if you are looking for any helpful information. The message boards are a great place to meet people going through the same thing.

Ditto
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i live in the uk and wont my excess skin removed on the national health. ive had to drop 7 stones so far and have another one to go, then i need to keep at my bmi for a year. then i will have tummy done arms done and any other skin they will do.
  • tacormier
    tacormier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I really think about it, the REAL reason I do everything I do (count calories, work out 3 - 6 times a week, cut down on sugar and carbs, etc.) is to have a pretty tummy. It's just NOT happening. I am a very healthy weight and have been so for almost a decade. I work out all the time including running (13.5km recently) and doing things like pilates, yoga, and the 30 day shred which *should* give me pretty abs.

I was overweight for quite a while. I had big baby. I had a pretty sloppy cesarian.

So, just last night, I was talking about maybe getting a tummy tuck. I was slightly horrified and slightly relieved that my boyfriend thought it would be a great idea. Just like someone else on this forum had said to them, I was told that it's not fat, it's skin. I think it's a little fat, but I also know that no matter how skinny/healthy/fit I am, my lower abs are a problem.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It's interesting that I don't see one regret. Does anyone feel like they took the easy way out? I think that's my objection. It just feels so Hollywood-wife to me to do this. And yet, I don't think that about anyone who's had one done.

I had at tummy tuck and I have absolutely no regrets. I recommend it to anyone who is considering. It is not the easy way out...no means!! Some people are lucky and have good elasticity in their skin. Unfortunately I am not one of those people. Once stretched out, skin will never shrink back no matter how much dieting and exercise you do. After having my tummy tuck, I was surprised to find out how many women I know that have had it done. So I don't think its "hollywood" at all. People will never know, unless you tell them. They'll just think you dieted and exercised for your great look.
  • michspor
    Options

aww really, they don't numb you at all??? i was told I would have drains too..... nervous about those things... well the whole surgery really