What was your food addiction?

Options
AuddAlise
AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
I thought it would be interesting to hear about how others ended up here.

For my it was mac n' cheese (kraft boxed crap) and Taco Bell. I was a stay at home mom for a while so after I put the kids down for a nap I would make a box of mac n' cheese and eat the whole thing in one sitting. I am still battling Taco Bell though. That stuff is like crack to me. I once asked the lady at the drive thru if they added crack ( I was being facetious) and she gave me a crazy look. :huh:

Replies

• Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    White Castle, Pizza, Chicken Wings and Ice Cream.....
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think my problem foods would be freshly baked breads, cakes, pastries etc and sugar, chocolates in particular. Once I start eating breads I have a really hard time stopping, so for the time being I have just eliminated them from my diet and it really seems to be helping, same with refined sugars. I'm trying to eat cleaner and incorporate a ton of fresh vegetables and fruits to replace those breads and sugary foods. It's rough, but worth it :)
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Pop.
  • Blubandit85
    Options
    Pizza for sure. Pepperoni and sausage gets me every time.
  • lizw123
    lizw123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. I have a small amount incorporated into my daily diet, a portion that I eat after dinner, but only if I haven't had any other "treats".
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter! I just can't eat it...that stuff is so fattening. I have had it once this year so far, and maybe I'll have it once more later in the year. But it's not something I can eat regularly. But it's SO GOOD :)
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My love of all things spicy lol. The two worst were chicken wings and kettle cooked jalapeno chips, i freaking love those :love: but so much better to feel healthier than to have chips everyday
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    SWEETS. donuts, ice cream, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, candy bars.. U NAME It
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Cheese.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Jack and Cokes! Very bad food choice! :)
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    Peanut butter and red wine.. My adult peanut butter and jelly
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell, Rallys, Burger King, Hardee's breakfast, and biscuits and gravy. Anything Italian too, love me some pasta, lasagna, meatballs, the sauce itself, and chicken parm. oh yeah.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    def chocolate... I still have a tiny piece when I cannot help myself
  • scollins1982
    Options
    Pasta, potatoes and bread. I'm from a big Irish and Italian family... talk about being set up for failure. GIVE ME MY CARBS!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love Taco Bell, too, and still eat it if my calories allow. I LOVE their Volcano Burrito, but it's 780 calories! So if I know I want it, I really can't eat much else. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not.

Also, ice cream. If it's in the house I'll eat multiple bowls a day.....I've done that ever since I was a kid. Now it doesn't get to come into the house.

Oh and soda pop is something I cannot get rid of....I don't care to either. i just opt for diet now.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cokes!!!
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fast food and restaurant food of any kind was it for me. I would always prefer to eat out than to eat the 'boring' food at home. For both health and financial reasons, though, I've eliminated 95% of the restaurant/fast food that we eat and made peace with the fact that my meals (lunches especially!) are going to be boring. Honestly, it's not as bad eating lunch at home as I'd imagined it would be.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    ice cream
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Cakes and candy, especially chocolate. I had a serious addiction to carbs, but I kicked it (again). I do let myself have dark chocolate because it doesn't trigger the feeding frenzy.