Accents

Options

Replies

• LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Latin Accent all the way! Muy Caliente :)
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Irish, Scottish, French and southern American - my top 3. Although for some reason southern needs men with deep voices lol :-) The English (especially cockney English) and kiwi accents drive me up the wall!
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a kiwi accent :flowerforyou:

I love southern accents definately makes my toes curl..

I also quite like an Irish, Scottish accent and if a man spoke french to me about taking the garbage out I could listen all day long.
  • madfreebird
    Options
    Its difficult, cant really put my finger on one. It comes down to a whole multitude of things really. I prefer more well spoken folk, its just easier to understand but then there are some sexy more exotic accents lol.

I myself have the quintessential English accent, worked wonders when I was in Atlanta for three months last summer haha!
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    For me is a British accent.....
    I have an accent too and I've had ladies begging to talk to them one even wanted me to leave her an happy birthday wish on her answering machine lol so she could play it over and over.... I did wonder about that request
  • TheyCallMeTaterSalad
    Options
    I am from NC but i've been told over & over that I have more of a Georgia accent. Don't know how that happened! I <3 British, Australian, and cajun accents. I'm not to fond of very strong Boston accents but it doesn't bother me to hear them.
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    any accent in the world except midwest US...it gets so boring around here! haha
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I love reading the accent of a Russian mail order bride trying to sound like she had a grasp of English. My panties drop every time.

Perhaps it's time to buy underwear in a smaller size.
  • rcb1963
    rcb1963 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love southern drawl from a good looking man. Deep voices - think Marvin Gay-are great!
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    Australian, hands down. I just spend two weeks traveling around Europe with a bunch of Aussies and I've decided that they're the most amazing people in the world.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I like most foreign accents because they are novel. I was a military brat and then had a ton of international friends in college, so I'm used to hearing past an accent to what is being said.

I have a southern accent, but had to spit most of it out when I moved north. People tend to remove IQ points when they hear a southern accent. I have, however, stubbornly kept a few accent-laden words, such as "y'all".

As an aside, the pits are lucky if they get shaved four times a year. Viva conformity!! :bigsmile:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
  • bostongary
    Options
    I like the spanish speaking language sound, not really answering the accent comment, lol I guess accent would be Texas.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    my accent is southern w cajun influence
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I happen to really like a southern accent! Most European accents are my favorite though.
    Myself.... Midwestern with mild southern twist
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I pretty much like any accent. Since I'm in South...that one isn't too impressive to me. I like "Northerners" and the way they say the same thing I do but pronounce it completely different. Folks from Wisconsin make me smile with theirs.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I used to love Australian accents, but now they annoy the ^#@&amp;!*&$!!!!!! out of me!!!!!!!!!!!:noway: I don't like Canadian accents either, although my father is originally from Montreal. LOL Not a big Mid Western accent fan either. British, Southern and Irish are good!!!:wink:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    jersey girls. :)
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me remember the time my sister and I were on a camping tour in Australia - in our tour group, we had my sister and me from the Boston-ish area, a woman from Australia, A woman from Ireland, a man from Northern Ireland, a woman from England, a man from South Africa, a woman from Canada, and a woman from Switzerland who spoke some English, but mostly French. We had a good many arguments about who was correct when pronouncing words, and which words were just stupid/ wrong usages! We got a lot of mileage out of teasing each other about accents and word usage.

Aah, memories.

I think I enjoyed them all equally, although our Australian tour guide seemed to have the best slang vocabulary of the bunch.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love Irish, Scottish and British accents. I also like accents of those girls that English is not their native language.

I'm Cuban and I do have an accent, I don't notice it until I hear myself in a recording, but apparently girls like it... Who am I to argue with them about that lol :bigsmile: