Funny workout attire

Options

Replies

• shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people come to the gym in jeans. It has to be the most uncomfortable workout attire.

Also I saw a guy lifting with garden gloves on. O_o

:sad: Bahahahahahahaha! Garden gloves LOL!
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I saw a women walk into a yoga class with nothing but a t-shirt and control top panty hose. Pantyhose are uncomfortable just sitting in a package at the store, I cringe to imagine what they are like while sweating and stretching.

Shut the front door they didn't come in their in control top hose. I almost threw my mouse across the room. And they let her workout in that..shivers..

I can speak on the jeans. I forgot workout bottoms once but was at the gym so I was like wth let's do it. That was a hard workout bc they get so heavy when you sweat. I couldn't wait to get in my spot and strip..that was the hardest day carrying up groceries walking up 3 flights of stairs lol.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My gym mostly consists of people who have been members since the 70s. Therefore, many of them are in slacks and button-up shirts. SOME are in work-out clothes that I assume were hip in the 80s or 90s lol.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I wear my Vibram five-finger shoes everywhere because they are so much more comfortable than any of my other shoes.

Say what you want.

I don't care.

:bigsmile:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I like the sweat band, it totally reminds me of Richard Simmons, but I was always perplexed about the wrist ones, are there a lot of sweaty wrists out there that need to be reigned in?
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I wear a hot pink t-shirt that says "Trophy Girlfriend". Hilarious, cos I only wear it at the gym when I am looking the polar opposite of attractive. Especially when I team it up with my track pants that have either paint or bleach splatters on them.

ooooh yeah...hot! haha!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I never seem to match.... or have on two different shoes some how....
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like the sweat band, it totally reminds me of Richard Simmons, but I was always perplexed about the wrist ones, are there a lot of sweaty wrists out there that need to be reigned in?

Yes those too. I think it would be icky after awhile like you can't wash that clean. I still laugh at this older dude he wears a bandana like he is Ramboo or something I just die bc he has no hair in the middle of his head but this bright bandana is so not the biz.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I wore my Ugg boots to the gym last year. In the morning when I packed my bag, I forgot my shoes. So, when I got to the gym and changed I had to put my boots on b/c I didn't feel like driving home and then driving back to the gym. I was only using the elliptical and using some of the weight machines. Yes, I got some strange looks but I didn't care!

i've done this as well and ended up doing weights and the bike so it didnt matter support wise

i've also forgot my workout socks and had to wear some crazy colorful/patterned knee highs.

i got weird looks but whatever, i wasnt going to skip the gym just because of my footwear.

oh and the wrists bands are for wiping your forehead. i personally dont like sweat bands and when i work out outdoors i can't be bothered to carry a towel. wrist bands come in super handy on those days
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people come to the gym in jeans. It has to be the most uncomfortable workout attire.

Also I saw a guy lifting with garden gloves on. O_o

:sad: Bahahahahahahaha! Garden gloves LOL!

I saw an older gentleman using some of the weight machines in long sleeves and the puffy/winter type cloth/leather gloves. I guess he was cold?

There's also a guy who's wife rolls him in in a wheel chair, and then he uses the weight machines while sucking from his oxygen tank. Not sure the point of it, but hey, he aint giving up! He's usually wearing slacks and a button down shirt.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I seen a woman with a sports bra, and big fluffy sweatpants.

It's like her upper body was hot but lower body was cold lol
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Some 60ish year old guy drove up in his mercedes convertible wearing what looked like swim trunks (my gym doesn't have a pool) and an Abercrombie and Fitch t shirt. He changed into short running shorts and a tucked in sleeveless neon green shirt. I couldn't help but crack up when I saw him.
  • 2legit_2quit
    2legit_2quit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Saw a guy at my gym with a shirt that said "beast mode" I'm totally going to get one
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've seen people work out in jeans and polos. I mean how the ***k can that be comfortable? I'd rather not workout than workout in that attire.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    <<<<my bandana.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Saw a guy at my gym with a shirt that said "beast mode" I'm totally going to get one

One of my favourite shirts (that I'm going to 'undergrow' out of soon sadly) says "Wonder woman on her day off"
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed many at my gym, but I had a good laugh at myself in my Krav Maga class. We were doing some kind of leg exercise (on you back with your legs in the air) and my pants slipped down to about mid-calf, revealing my mismatched, colorful socks! I had a tan on with kitties and a blue one with puppies. The best part was the teacher came to show me something and held my ankles for a moment then stopped, took a long hard look at my socks and started laughing. I'd be embarrassed but I was laughing too! I hate matching socks!

So not the weirdest workout attire, but still funny!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I think the best was a guy at my gym that wore his boxer shorts as workout shorts.. complete with shirt tucked in.

My stomach hurts at the thought..was he at least packing or was it pleasant to see if not oh my poor sister having to see that.

I never saw anything.. Thank goodness! I always wondered what would happen if he was working out, and suddenly something started poking out..

Half the personal trainers at our gym wanted to collect a fund to buy the guy some actual shorts because they were just as creeped out as we were!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym wearing bright t shirts ( electric blue, bright orange) with red converse and pink lifting gloves.

I look hot
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I once saw a frail old woman walking along in her floral grandma-style calf-length sundress and woven hat, with a pair of runners. Then, i kid you not, she suddenly bolted off down the path! My hero. Grandma don't care, she just wants to get her HIIT session in. That, or she was escaping from the nearby nursing home.