Replies

• wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Real full fat butter for me please!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    real butter. the less processed the better. especially if you're doing lowcarb.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I eat regular butter. I try to avoid artificial ingredients as much as possible.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    mmmm... butter!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    another fan of real butter here.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Butter is very heart healthy, so real butter all the way.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Most definitely BUTTER is better! The calories you save by eating a vegetable spread, isn't worth the health problems it can give you down the road IMO
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    Real butter, full fat.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've fallen in love with and also they make a mayo type spread with Olive Oil also, no eggs, dairy etc. It's DA Best!

Earth Balance with Olive Oil

Earth Balance with Coconut Oil is awesome for swapping out butter/margarine for baking... mmm smells, tastes divine and healthier as well.

Regarding butter vs. margarine, I would always pick butter, it's not a chemical make up like some margarines. But as I shared, I've fallen in love with the brand above which also comes in regular, whipped or the Olive Oil I mentioned.

Cheers!:drinker:
    Hearts:heart:
    I too use Mindful Mayo by Earth Balance as a replacement for Miracle Whip and it tastes really great. Its also nice that its soy free and does not contain soy lecithin which is added in nearly all mayo out there.

When I do need butter, which is very rare, I go with coconut butter which I make myself. Just buy some unsweetened coconut flakes and put it in a blender. My Vitamix does the job very well and quickly.