Stay At Home Dad

Options
1235»

Replies

• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I wrote 10 replies to this thread and erased them all. I applaud ALL parents taking care of their children. Whether you are a sahm, sahd, parent with joint custody, working (outside the home) parent, military parent, or any combination of these. As long as you love your children and are doing the best by them that you can, what difference does it make. I am a sahm that works part time from home, and I feel guilty for not being a better mom, having a super clean house, bringing in $$. I have a great supportive and involved husband, and he feels guilty for not being able to be here more. My sister works, and she feels guilty for working and having to travel sometimes. My bil is an AWESOME sahd and he feels guilty that my sister has the better working situation. It is a personal choice for every family, why the need to bash choices that aren't yours to make?

I never erase my posts. It's harder to piss people off that way.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I never erase my posts. It's harder to piss people off that way.

:laugh:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    So, to shut up the idiots on here. I went to the IRS website and found some stats. I don't like revealing my personal income to strangers, but let's say using Adjusted Gross Income I made more last year than about 80% of Americans who file tax returns (not counting my wife's income).

I will venture to say to the a-holes on here, I likely (using statistics, and some common sense) make more money than you, maybe times 2. And I donated 16% of my pre-tax income to charitable organizations. What did you do?

I would also like to add I have a 4 year degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Information systems from a University. What do you have?

I am a STAY AT HOME DAD because I choose to be. I could afford to put my child in an expensive daycare or even hire a nanny, but instead I choose to take personal interest in my child's well being and impart my values and sacrifice my own time.

I couldn't stand any more of the knuckle-dragging posts on here, sorry if I come off as arrogant. Sometimes it's the only way to shut up the naysayers.

I love post like this... First off i do not donate money, i will donate clothing and household items to goodwill. I have a 4 year degree in computer information systems followed up by several certificates that require college education. I currently work in government defense & military. I am also a father.. and her mother was a stay at home mom until she went to school, then she went back to work.. my question is.. What are you going to do when your kids to go school? Are you going to stay at home and collect coupons to shop at the local dollar store? Are you going to use the excuse that you have to stay at home and cook dinner, do laundry, and clean dishes before picking up the kiddos from school? All while you catch up on your daily soap shows i bet.. I am sorry, but in my honest opinion i call complete B/S on Guys that are stay at home dads. Not to be confused with stay at home parents that raise their children until school age then return to work. Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but i am calling it how i see it.

why do you care so much what others are doing? Your life so perfect that you have to judge others?
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    So, to shut up the idiots on here. I went to the IRS website and found some stats. I don't like revealing my personal income to strangers, but let's say using Adjusted Gross Income I made more last year than about 80% of Americans who file tax returns (not counting my wife's income).

I will venture to say to the a-holes on here, I likely (using statistics, and some common sense) make more money than you, maybe times 2. And I donated 16% of my pre-tax income to charitable organizations. What did you do?

I would also like to add I have a 4 year degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Information systems from a University. What do you have?

I am a STAY AT HOME DAD because I choose to be. I could afford to put my child in an expensive daycare or even hire a nanny, but instead I choose to take personal interest in my child's well being and impart my values and sacrifice my own time.

I couldn't stand any more of the knuckle-dragging posts on here, sorry if I come off as arrogant. Sometimes it's the only way to shut up the naysayers.

I love post like this... First off i do not donate money, i will donate clothing and household items to goodwill. I have a 4 year degree in computer information systems followed up by several certificates that require college education. I currently work in government defense & military. I am also a father.. and her mother was a stay at home mom until she went to school, then she went back to work.. my question is.. What are you going to do when your kids to go school? Are you going to stay at home and collect coupons to shop at the local dollar store? Are you going to use the excuse that you have to stay at home and cook dinner, do laundry, and clean dishes before picking up the kiddos from school? All while you catch up on your daily soap shows i bet.. I am sorry, but in my honest opinion i call complete B/S on Guys that are stay at home dads. Not to be confused with stay at home parents that raise their children until school age then return to work. Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but i am calling it how i see it.

why do you care so much what others are doing? Your life so perfect that you have to judge others?

No if you read my posting, it said "in my honest opinion"... I don't care what anyone does... Raising a child is a great thing.. trust me i know, but when there in school men need to stop with the excuses, man up, let the balls drop a little, and go to work.."My opinion"
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Uncle GC ,Please don't hold anything back.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    :) My Dad was a stay at home Dad....we call him Mr. Mom.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Uncle GC ,Please don't hold anything back.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm a giver.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    How about some of you stop worrying about what other people are doing with their lives and worry about your own. You'd get much farther in life that way.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'm saying that men need to step up and bring home the cheese. I'm sick of my pu$sy-fied generation where it's okay for the woman to work and send the kids to daycare. Women stay home and make cookies and raise children, when there are children. Men, bring home a fu$king paycheck (or two) and cover the expenses.

"All the women who independent
    Throw your hands up at me
    All the honeys who makin' money
    Throw your hands up at me, baby
    All the mamas who profit dollas
    Throw your hands up at me
    All the ladies who truly feel me
    Throw your hands up at me"
  • sting8989
    sting8989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    FUNNY!!!! And True
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I see alot of stay at home moms here. When will it be our turn ladies?

brb not working 12-14 hour days
    brb not using all the free time on gym and cooking for the next day
    brb not having to do chores on the weekends and enjoying a weekend
    brb practicing my golf swing all day and making the tour
    If my woman was rich and we had small kids, sure!
    Why not?
    Most men out earn the wife, so it's the wife who is Susie Homemaker.
    If the shoe is on the other foot, again, do what you need to do. Other men will think you're a dude as a man which is why you need to have a handy stay-at-home office job you lie about.
    I would never admit to being a stay-at-home dad.
    Ego.....lol
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a stay-at-home-dad, except for those damn kids at my house. Gah. They're so damn needy. "Papa, I'm hungry." "Papa, I'm on fire." It never ends with them.

(Ha.)

Damn needy children spoil ya fun LOL
  • angel_marcelle
    angel_marcelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a SAHD (if I made enough money) .....and I think the picture is ridiculously sexy ;)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Another SAHD here, nearly 2 years into the experience.

I love being more involved with my daughter and school life.

Since tinkering around with my diet I also like being in charge of the grocery shop and cooking.

Alas this seems to be ending soon as I have secured a second interview for a full time job on Friday.

The money will be handy and it will be good to be working again though, I miss the teamwork and banter.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    How about some of you stop worrying about what other people are doing with their lives and worry about your own. You'd get much farther in life that way.

Good sense like that has no place on the internet ;)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ha, I think someone is trying to stir the pot on here...

Yes, I am a SAHM who eats bon bons all day, I smoke and party wee hours into the night, shop and spend freely, have a nanny, private schooling for my kids, cleaning service and you name it (not)!

I have stayed home for the past 6.5 years because we decided we didn't want a daycare kid, and I decided to do all the hard work myself and I say hard because it is, my son is a wonderful handful. We cut back and managed to make it work on a budget, but I also do about 5 different jobs online and off on the side, here and there to bring in extra money (get your mind out of the gutter, they're all legit lol). I could write a book on "how to be a stay at home parent on one income" that's for sure. I do have a life as well, I have friends and we go out dancing and all that jazz.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do when your kids to go school? Are you going to stay at home and collect coupons to shop at the local dollar store? Are you going to use the excuse that you have to stay at home and cook dinner, do laundry, and clean dishes before picking up the kiddos from school? All while you catch up on your daily soap shows i bet.. I am sorry, but in my honest opinion i call complete B/S on Guys that are stay at home dads. Not to be confused with stay at home parents that raise their children until school age then return to work. Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but i am calling it how i see it.

You claim a lot of education to lack basic reading skills. I just told you I make close to 6 figures as a SAHD. I want to say things, but I am not wasting a strike from the admins on a _______________________________________ like you.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do when your kids to go school? Are you going to stay at home and collect coupons to shop at the local dollar store? Are you going to use the excuse that you have to stay at home and cook dinner, do laundry, and clean dishes before picking up the kiddos from school? All while you catch up on your daily soap shows i bet.. I am sorry, but in my honest opinion i call complete B/S on Guys that are stay at home dads. Not to be confused with stay at home parents that raise their children until school age then return to work. Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but i am calling it how i see it.

You claim a lot of education to lack basic reading skills. I just told you I make close to 6 figures as a SAHD. I want to say things, but I am not wasting a strike from the admins on a _______________________________________ like you.

cheers!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for stay at home dads (shoot, any parent that does everything they can for their kids), and would not object to this idea at all. WTG SAHD! WOO!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Single guy here but my mom always refused to stay at home, although kids are grown up now, but they still don't know how to pull their pants up.

Lady worked full time at a meat processing plant and found the time to come home clean, cook, garden, etc.. no limit to what that women.. most women these days feel entitled to be a stay at home mom and send the kids to pre school, do nails, and shopping, and out drink me on the weekends? Love a women with a little motivation in life, highly unlikely in this century.

Not my life at all. I have to work, workout, clean house, take care of the kids and pay bills alone.

Why do so many people feel the reason to respond to that comment if it doesn't apply to them? There is no need to get defensive if it is not aimed at you, the world does not revolve around you.

I regret the direction this topic has gone from irrelevant pants hanging too low to everybody is offended.

I'm not even mad though, wish there was a way to delete it but out I go from this topic.

Why do people feel the need to post *kitten* that they have no idea about Mr single no kids has no clue what he's talking about. Why dont you go post something about suspenders and how they are supposed to keep your pants up...