hit a wall

Options
Has anyone else been losing weight and then hit a wall? I started late December, I have lost 28 lbs to date. But over the last several weeks I'm stuck. I may drop 1-1.5 lbs and then it is back the next week. Can't seem to move past.
I workout daily. Currently doing p90X, jogging 2-3 x a week, kickboxing 1x a week.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Has anyone else been losing weight and then hit a wall? I started late December, I have lost 28 lbs to date. But over the last several weeks I'm stuck. I may drop 1-1.5 lbs and then it is back the next week. Can't seem to move past.
    I workout daily. Currently doing p90X, jogging 2-3 x a week, kickboxing 1x a week.

Why do I have feeling when I ask you how much are you eating, you will say 1200-1500 calories... lol.

So how much you eating?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough...with all your working out? drinking enough water? Eating enough protein?
  • Malgorzata79
    Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have plato for the past 3 months.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You don't lose a lot when doing P90x. You lose more inches than pounds. Are you keeping track of your measurements? I am almost finished my first round of P90x (well second but the first was a couple of years ago) and I haven't lost a huge amount of weight but I am losing inches like crazy.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was stuck at the same weight since February. I recently starting losing again after I increased my calorie intake. I had reset my metabolism.
  • Morgan103084
    Options
    sometimes it helps to quit counting calories for a week and lessen up on the exercising, kinda gives your body a jump start, like a reset button.
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Train like a beast, eat like a boss, never give up, and throw the lying cheating SOB scale out the window.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    let us see what you are eating!!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Why do I have feeling when I ask you how much are you eating, you will say 1200-1500 calories... lol.

So how much you eating?

I hit a wall for exactly this reason. I am eating more. 1500 calories or more a day. So, I just tell myself I'm in maintenance - and try not to gain more than 1 - 2 pounds and HOPE I can get this train movin again.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Me too. I stalled out after losing 34 lbs. I bounce between 139-141. My goal is 138. Very frustrating! I eat 1,400 calories per day and work out 3-4 times/week. I alternate between Jillian Michaels DVD's and an interval training program, which burns about 400/calories in 50 minutes. I am open to any suggestions.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I increased from 1200 to 1450 about a month ago and im gaining. its annoying.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Train like a beast, eat like a boss, never give up, and throw the lying cheating SOB scale out the window.

Well alright then! :glasses:
  • malibu5880
    malibu5880 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Me too, I lost 14 pounds in the first month and now nothing for the last six weeks or so. I think I'm eating way too much sugar.
  • thenataliej
    thenataliej Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Amen sista :drinker:
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options

plato! what a philosopher :) luckkkyy
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I increased from 1200 to 1450 about a month ago and im gaining. its annoying.

How long have you been eating 1450 calories?
  • CoryHJr
    CoryHJr Posts: 4
    Options
    First of all if you've hit a while, it's likely that there is something wrong on the diet end of things. So first of all how many calories are you eating each week? Are you consistently tracking EVERYTHING you put into your mouth, cause that one cookie will make a difference. If you are and have been eating a consistent amount each week and still aren't losing weight, then it's time to drop the calories down a little bit, drop it down 100 for a week and see if you lose weight then. If you are, good. If you're not, then drop it a little more. What I like to do is lower my total calories each week based on the amount of weight loss I achieve (since your body needs less and less energy to maintain that weight). A formula that's been working for me is to take BW x 13 (rough estimate of how many calories your body needs maintain each lbs) x 7 (days in the week) - 3500 (the amount of calories in one lbs) / 7 (days in the week). So for me, it would be

165x13=2,145
    2,145x7=15,015
    15,015-3,500=11,515
    11,515/7=1645 (calories per day)

This has worked for me really well and I'm dropping 1-2lbs each week no problems. Make sure you're getting at least 1g of protein per lbs bodyweight. It'll help preserve lean muscle mass, which will help you look better when all the weight is off.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i hit a plateau for 2 months basically then i started at a gym on top of my Insanity Asylum workout and started losing again I'm doing Insanity now though.

I was eating around 1300 calories for a couple weeks still in a plateau, then I talked with a guy I know who owns the gym I go to (he also goes to my church) anyways he said I could get away with eating 1500-1800 a day because of what I'm exercising but I still need to have a deficit and now I do and I'm losing been losing 1.5 a week for 3 weeks basically now :)
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    With all that exercising, I would eat more calories...

This worked for me when I added boxing into my workouts.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been stalled for about 2 months now. I feel like i've tried everything, but maybe not. I don't know anymore. So starting this week, im giving up all my extra sugars (treats/processed/added stuff)... and keeping my carbs down. I workout 6 days a week.