Just ate a doughnut

Options
Now I am trying to get past the guilt, because I have been SUPER strict these past three weeks.

Hmmm

Replies

• thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    That's good. I wouldn't worry/beat myself up over it. Now if you just ate an entire box of donuts, then you'd have to worry.
    Your food intake (ie diet) should be flexible enough to allow for a donut. And it's good to change up your calorie intake once in a while.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I had arbys for dinner yesterday, no worries. If you think about it too much you'll end up putting up too much stress on yourself. View it as a simple treat because you did a good job so far. Its good to treat yourself something small every now and then to keep up a good spirit and attitude towards losing weight. You don't want to end up as an anti-social food zombie because your afraid to go out with friends and live life to its fullest.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza yesterday. And it was delicious. :love: :laugh:

Seriously, we will all make choices that others will question, but if a donut is how you choose to spend your calories, so be it! Personally, if I didn't treat myself to little things here and there (and sometimes not-so-little things as well!), I would have quit this whole thing a long time ago.

Just keep going, and remember that it isn't just ONE decision that determines how you will fare long-term, it's the sum of all the little decisions you make along the way. One decision, bad or good, won't change much of anything! Making better choices the norm is what you want, and occasional blips on the radar be darned! Just make sure the blips are a once-in-a-while and not the norm!
  • Ashley10268
    Ashley10268 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ahh just one doughnut won't kill ya!! We all have set-backs...like the 6 100-calorie oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I ate yesterday!! I knew I shouldn't be eating them the whole time I was...but they were soooo goooood!!! Lol. Sometimes it's ok to cheat, we can't be perfect!! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's a doughnut... U didn't just run over a toddler... Just let it go....
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom!!!! Doughnuts!! You can eat a doughnut and it's no big deal...enjoy it!

I had a weekend of "crap" - now that was a no no, you just had a tasty treat.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options

lol, I know I probably should not laugh at that thought, but it made me anyway.
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had a muffin yesterday. I'm still thinking about it. Oh well. Already been done.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I want a donut!

PS- I don't recommend being 'super strict' 'cos it tends to lead to slip ups. Fit a few treats into your day and it's much easier to keep up for months, or the rest of your life...
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Don't guilt yourself.

Is every one super strict all the time? no, probably not! Life happens, doughnuts happen too :-)
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I ate three yesterday... and could've ate three more if those weren't the only 3 :) Just go work it off, they're not going to kill you. At least it was one.
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One doughnut is like dropping a plate, do you through out the set because you've broken one? Just because one is on a diet doesn't mean that they can't, on occasion, have something that isn't as healthy for them. Be sure to log it and, if you're still feeling guilty, spend some extra time at the gym!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you have been super-restrictive lately, then that doughnut probably helped your body dump some stored glycogen (water in the muscles) so ultimately, it was probably a good thing and you lost just a tad more weight than you would have. Of course, this only happens if you have been truly restrictive with your diet.
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I want a donut!

PS- I don't recommend being 'super strict' 'cos it tends to lead to slip ups. Fit a few treats into your day and it's much easier to keep up for months, or the rest of your life...

Agreed!
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    I had a cinnamon bun with loads of icing last night wanted it and I had it gave the rest away at work today
    so I wouldnt indulge anymore but its not bad to have what you want within reason every now and then
    one treat is better than a whole weekend of indulgence
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options

lol, I know I probably should not laugh at that thought, but it made me anyway.

I laughed too... it's definitely good to keep things in perspective.

I had some bananas foster last night - your donut quails in awe at the amount of sugar and fat in even half of a serving of that!
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Don't go driving yourself insane because you had one doughnut and enjoyed it. It happened now move on. We all need a little treat once in awhile and that's it. Even if you go overboard don't beat yourself up for it. Just get back on the wagon and continue.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's not bad to say yes to your inner food demon occasionally. Better to treat yourself to one than keep saying no and then indulge in a full dozen.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i eat what i want as long as i stay in my calories and exercise. and sometimes i still go over but i'm perfectly happy with things the way they are.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

I shouldnt laugh either but I did. Be kind to yourself, one doughnut will not kill you. Tomorrow is a new day to make better choices