People who say this are ANNOYING!

EmilyOfTheSun
EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
"Oh you carry your weight well because you're tall!"
"Oh it's easier for you to look skinny because you're tall!"

NO, that is NOT how it works.
I carry my weight well because I work out. I still weigh more than a lot of people who are "bigger" than me. It's not because I'm secretly fat and hiding it with my height. It's because I'm freakin tall so I weigh more.
I don't carry my weight well because I'm tall....I carry my weight well because I work out!!!!

End rant.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Sure.
  • _Stampede_
    _Stampede_ Posts: 66
    Doctor said I can't lift anything heavy...:wink:
  • I understand what you mean. I'm 5'10 and I can easily weigh more than someone who is shorter than me and not look nearly as heavy simply because my weight has more length to distribute about. That said though, I wouldn't carry weight well, regardless of how much, if I never worked out. I can just easily have a stomach pouch and weigh 140.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    I hear those two sentences all the time
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    I understand what you mean. I'm 5'10 and I can easily weigh more than someone who is shorter than me and not look nearly as heavy simply because my weight has more length to distribute about. That said though, I wouldn't carry weight well, regardless of how much, if I never worked out. I can just easily have a stomach pouch and weigh 140.

Exactly!!!!
    Wait....does that mean you're 5' 10" and weigh 140!?!?!?!!? Tell me your secret! lol
  • I understand what you mean. I'm 5'10 and I can easily weigh more than someone who is shorter than me and not look nearly as heavy simply because my weight has more length to distribute about. That said though, I wouldn't carry weight well, regardless of how much, if I never worked out. I can just easily have a stomach pouch and weigh 140.

Exactly!!!!
    Wait....does that mean you're 5' 10" and weigh 140!?!?!?!!? Tell me your secret! lol

haha sadly, I do not.

I'm at about 155 right now but still, at my height, that's a fairly average/healthy weight.

I'm aiming to be at about 135 but the number is irrelevant, when I feel I look good, that's when I'll stop :) I mostly just do 40 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and random strength exercises while waiting for dinner to cook or watching tv. It's working so far
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Cool story.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    "Counting calories is for women."
    "You don't need to lose weight."
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Cool story.

Bro.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    Cool story.

If you don't like it, don't read it.
    If you read it and didn't like it, don't waste your time commenting on it.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Sure.

That's a sexy profile pic.
    :love:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    I understand what you mean. I'm 5'10 and I can easily weigh more than someone who is shorter than me and not look nearly as heavy simply because my weight has more length to distribute about. That said though, I wouldn't carry weight well, regardless of how much, if I never worked out. I can just easily have a stomach pouch and weigh 140.

Exactly!!!!

haha sadly, I do not.

I'm at about 155 right now but still, at my height, that's a fairly average/healthy weight.

I'm aiming to be at about 135 but the number is irrelevant, when I feel I look good, that's when I'll stop :) I mostly just do 40 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and random strength exercises while waiting for dinner to cook or watching tv. It's working so far

Well you look great, it's definitely working for you :) I'm 5' 11"
    Hearing what weight you are is definitely making me want to adjust my fitness goal! Thanks for the info :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    I'm not overweight.
    I'm undertall.

4db6f2ae_6a9b44ef_garfield-undertall.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    i hate when people say "it is what it is."
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Cool story.

If you don't like it, don't read it.
    If you read it and didn't like it, don't waste your time commenting on it.

Loved it.

Exactly!!!!

haha sadly, I do not.

Well you look great, it's definitely working for you :) I'm 5' 11"
    Hearing what weight you are is definitely making me want to adjust my fitness goal! Thanks for the info :)

Aw, you're welcome. Good Luck!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Sure.

That's a sexy profile pic.
    :love:

I know right? Took forever to get a decent shot. :wink:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    People are always seeking ways to validate their failure.
    Our bodies are the one area of life where we each have the most control. Few want to even acknowledge that.
    It's much easier to blame genes, the food industry, President Obama or the improper alignment of the planets.
    At days end it's always the responsibility of that man in the mirror.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Can I say, "I am 5'2 and I do NOT carry my weight well." haha We have to eat less, and don't burn as much exercising so maybe us shorties are a lil' jealous??

Also, I think it may be a weird compliment they are trying to give you.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    People are always seeking ways to validate their failure.
    Our bodies are the one area of life where we each have the most control. Few want to even acknowledge that.
    It's much easier to blame genes, the food industry, President Obama or the improper alignment of the planets.
    At days end it's always the responsibility of that man in the mirror.

True statement! love it.