Anyone inspiring to be 100lbs or lower?

Options

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to maintain 99 lbs. at 5'5.5 tall (almost 5'6) we all have different frames and everyone's different though, just keep up dieting until you're comfortable where you're at and with what you see in the mirror, and from that moment, maintain =) I first thought below 105 would look bad so I initially promised to stop once I hit that, but I'm naturally narrow! I look best/most like a petite-model type at the current 99 that makes me happy =)

We might have different "frames" but your height itself makes 99lb underweight :ohwell:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I weigh 100 lbs now...in my right LEG LOL
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This tread is going to blow up.....

I can see it. Lol.

Agreed.... Of course you can't come onto a fitness/health announcing EDNOS as an inspiration. People are really going to express their opinions on this one.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I think thats okay if it matches your body type. I'm 4'10" and I weigh 88 pounds. That is considered underweight for me but I exercise a lot and I have a strict diet. Just do what fits your type and do it responsibly.
  • SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    This thread is going to blow up.....

I can see it. Lol.
  • cgraziano109
    cgraziano109 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Strong healthy bones are beautiful. I love my bones to show in a healthy way. In ballet the dancer must be strong lean all bones and lean muscles.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft5 and have no interest in looking like the crypt keeper so I don't see myself trying to go anywhere further than 125-130.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    it should be locked by admin soon....they locked mine because i was eating only 600 calories and I was in no way asking anyone else to do it. This person is asking others to follow her...smdh, seeing every bone in your body is not pretty, just as seeing an 600 lb woman or man isn't pretty and neither one is healthy.
  • Pilcrow_
    Pilcrow_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This tread is going to blow up.....

I can see it. Lol.

Agreed.... Of course you can't come onto a fitness/health announcing EDNOS as an inspiration. People are really going to express their opinions on this one.

Trolling? Because surely someone can't be that oblvious to think people wouldn't take issue. If she is serious, I'll just say this; I've been there, it's horrific. You'll be miserable and ill. Sure, don't believe it and don't listen, but it's ABSOLUTELY true - your brain won't have the capacity to be anything but miserable, confused and depressed. It's science. You'll lose the fat, you'll lose the muscle, but you won't be happy because you'll start losing your brain cells too. I understand the overwhelming need to stay on your chosen goal but I truly hope you get some perspective, and at the very least have the good grace not to encourage disordered behaviors on a HEALTHY EATING site either. Sure my goals aren't always logical or healthy, but that's why I'm here, catch me on a bad day and I could easily get wrapped in this. MFP shouldn't be a place for triggers.

Sorry, rant over. I don't mean to sound harsh. And I hope that one day you'll see past defining yourself by double digits.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Oh!!!! Am I in before the lock?!
  • MdmeLibrarian
    Options
    Everyone is freaking out about her height and weight, but nobody has seen her frame. I have a wide ribcage and pelvic bone, so based on my skeleton I will never be as slender or thin as models on T.V., nor dip below 120 lbs without being unhealthy. Perhaps she has an extremely narrow frame, and 105 lbs is her natural weight. Please stop judging her based solely on her height.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    As someone who once had an ED, I would like to say that I weigh less now than I did then and I eat 1600 cals a day (minimum). I am healthier, I am stronger, I feel loved, I love myself, and I am MUCH HAPPIER than I was back then.

Also, as someone who used to have an ED, I know how easy it is for people with EDs to work eachother into frenzies of starvation and competitiveness in extreme dieting. Makes me incredibly sad to see it happening here on MFP and to see teens using MFP in this manner.

I saw that one lady on here who said she was happily maintaining at 99. I'm not into juding people's bodies, but I will say her picture didn't strike me as looking incredibly unhealthy- so let's not bash people for their weight/fitness goals. But OP's "eating isn't chanel" and putting herself out there as having an ED and looking to lose 15 lbs is very VERY alarming.

Seek help.
  • Mel_t_away
    Mel_t_away Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My eating disorder began when i was only 11 years old .. i always wanted to be thinner. Several hospital admissions and being force feed, watching my dad crying by my side and nothing mattered except being thinner. I'm now 34 and only just now beginning to get a grip on my life. I went from being anorexic to bulimic. I know this doesn't matter to you but it really does ruin your life ..... but of course you will believe that that would never happen to you and you as you are in control .... sadly you only know the truth when its too late.

take care xxx
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    and, also, y'all trigger other people with ED issues with this stuff. I think it's irresponsible to be posting and supporting EDs. Let's support health, not slow suicide via self hate.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Everyone is freaking out about her height and weight, but nobody has seen her frame. I have a wide ribcage and pelvic bone, so based on my skeleton I will never be as slender or thin as models on T.V., nor dip below 120 lbs without being unhealthy. Perhaps she has an extremely narrow frame, and 105 lbs is her natural weight. Please stop judging her based solely on her height.

I think I'll judge on the fact she posted a heart next to the words "ednos for 3 years" in a thread asking who had an ED. To me that just says everything. She wants to be that ill. It's not about what's right for her body frame or anything else, she's encouraging her own destructive behavior.
  • aimeelouisedaniel
    Options
    Thank you. <3
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    The longer it stays up, the more people are going to be added to her friends' list. That's all she wanted. More attention from the ANA group here. This will work for that.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options

I think I'll judge on the fact she posted a heart next to the words "ednos for 3 years" in a thread asking who had an ED. To me that just says everything. She wants to be that ill. It's not about what's right for her body frame or anything else, she's encouraging her own destructive behavior.

Exactly!

You need to seek help that you aren't going to find here.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Strong healthy bones are beautiful. I love my bones to show in a healthy way. In ballet the dancer must be strong lean all bones and lean muscles.

Strong healthy bones are great but the OP appears to be pro-ana and anorexia can result in loss of bone density - doesn't sound very healthy to me.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just report her profile as a possible pro-ana profile the mods will look into it and delete it if warranted. I already have.
This discussion has been closed.