Lasagna Roll-Ups...freakin' amazing (275 cals)

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
nvve5l.jpg
(We had already taken a few servings out of the pan)

I'm not joking, this tastes like the real thing! It is outrageously good. Got the idea for roll-ups from Skinny Taste...I think? It's a perfect way to get your one portion.

This made 9 roll-ups/servings.

Ingredients:

1.25 pounds ground turkey
1 large white onion
1.5 jars light marinara
2 cloves garlic
1.75 cups FF ricotta
2 cups FF mozzarella
9 Ronzoni lasagna noodles (this is how many I made before the cheese mixture ran out)
Handful of chopped basil
Little bit of Oregano
Salt
Pepper

1. (Preheat oven to 375) Cook lasagna noodles. Try not to commit suicide (tip: put 2 tbsp olive oil in the water when you salt it)

2. Chop onion and put in a nicely PAMed skillet w/ ground turkey, a generous couple shakes of oregano, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the turkey isn't pink anymore. Try and break the turkey up into little chunks as it cooks.

3. While that cooks, combine ricotta, 1.25 cups of the mozzarella, garlic cloves (crushed), basil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix it all up well. Set aside.

4. When the meat is no longer pink, pour a jar of the marinara into the skillet and simmer on low for about 10 more minutes until sauce is somewhat warm.

5. Grab a casserole dish. Use the remaining 1/2 jar of sauce to coat the bottom of the dish.

6. Lay down a lasagna noodle. Scoop out a rough 1/2 cup of the sauce/turkey mixture and spread over the noodle. Scoop a rough 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture and spoon over the meat sauce. Roll that bad boy up (don't be afraid to spill out the sides...you can put the stuff that comes out in the next roll-up). Place seam-side down in the dish. Do this until you run out of noodles or cheese (you should have plenty of sauce left).

7. Once you're out of cheese or noodles, pour the rest of the sauce over top of the roll-ups.

8. Pop in the oven for 35 minutes. After 35, switch the oven to broil an sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup of mozzarella over the roll-ups. Cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Let sit for a few minutes then serve!

Replies