Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    I eat a greek yogurt w/fruit and chia seeds currently, lots of protein and pretty filling.

I've also recently discovered chia seeds in flavoured cereals. It's 2 tablespoons of concentrated protein and plenty of vitamins. I usually mix 1 tablespoon into my regular cereal. It's a weird texture on its own but great as an add-in to other foods. :)
    I make a big bowl of chia "pudding" ahead of time, and keep it in the fridge. It has a texture similar to tapioca. For breakfast, I throw in some sliced fruit (bananas, mangoes, or berries are especially good). You can also top with granola.

recipe here (I generally quadruple it, and put the fruit in just before eating): http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/mango-coconut-chia-pudding.html
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with some reduced fat cheese. I also like Better Oats raw/natural oatmeal with some fruit thrown in. The envelope is also the measuring cup so it can even be eaten at my desk.
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you like cold oatmeal like I do, you would LOVE this Refrigerator Oatmeal recipes that I found. You can make it the night before and just grab & go the next morning. I use natural chunky applesauce in mine or sometimes I just slice up some bananas. Yum-O.
    Currently, I'm using ground flaxseed instead of the chia seeds the recipes calls for. Same benefit, though.

Here is the link: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

RefrigeratorOatmeal.jpg
  • tinamaan1976
    tinamaan1976 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    low fat fruit yogurt with weetabix.
    even natural yogurt with weetabix and maybe a handful of raw almonds. yum!!
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cooked vege from the night before, with egg stirred through them and cooked slightly. YUM! They can be mixed vege or just carrots, cabbage, or broccolli - whatever you feel like.
  • sophieford1
    Options
    I definitely love a good smoothie in the mornings, full of fruit and so tasty and adaptable! Banana and blueberry is definitely my favourite, add low fat yoghurt as well to make it a bit creamier. If you make a bucket load at once, it might be able to last till the next day if kept in the fridge.
  • dmportoff
    dmportoff Posts: 2
    Options
    I love my eggs, this is a great idea. Thanks.
  • swhite1209
    swhite1209 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usally eat a bagel with strawberry creme cheese. I only use one TBS of creme cheese instead of two. Its not really that high on calories and i feel really full after eating. Kind of sticks with me for a while. I toast my bagel. I never ate them before I started dieting and found out that i love them.
    Sometimes I eat peanut butter and toast. I love that. And its something that sticks with you to. More calories though.
    Low fat yogurt and toast is good too.
    special K cereal.
    fruit like cantelope and berries. Fix it the night before so its ready in the morning.
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I usually have egge whites - either scrambled (with some low-fat cheese) or I make an egg-white omelet. I pair that with some light multigrain toast and it's pretty satisfying.
  • PeggySchulz
    PeggySchulz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    save
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    Chocolate overnight oatmeal

You will need:
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    2 tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
    1 tbsp. stevia
    1/2 banana (sliced)
    1 tbsp. unsweetened carob chips

Mix this all together( all but the banana and the chips) then put in the fridge the night before ( make sure you cover it) Then take it out when you wake put the banana sliced on top the the chips.....yummy tastes like a no bake cookie
  • slimchick04
    slimchick04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All great ideas! Saving for future reference.
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I make a green smoothie...1 cup of almond millk, 1 banana, 1 - 1 1/2 cups torn kale and 1 cup frozen fruit. Mix and go. SO good.
  • lorialvz
    lorialvz Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds sooo good!
  • tari12340
    tari12340 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick breakfast that's really good!!!

Crack a couple eggs into a coffee mug. Mix well. Take a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese and cut it up into small pieces and mix it in with the eggs.

Put in microwave for maybe 60 seconds. Take out and stir. If the eggs are still liquidy, put back in the microwave but not too long because you don't want them to overcook.

While they're cooking, rip up a few pieces of baby spinach. Add them to the cooked eggs the minute they come out of the microwave. Let spinach wilt.

Put the scrambled egg mixture on a whole wheat english muffin and you're good to go!!!

That sounds yummy and so easy! Never cooked eggs in the microwave before... thanks for the tip!!
  • foghorn711
    foghorn711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean crunch cereal, dannon sugar free blueberry yogurt and 1/2 cup fresh bluberries
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I usually have some granola with either skim milk or half a cup of plain lowfat Greek yogurt. If you can't stomach plain yogurt (it's definitely an acquired taste, particularly if you're used to flavored yogurts), lowfat vanilla Greek yogurt will also do nicely. I like the plain because I can use it in so many places. I get a big tub of it and use a little at a time - with cereal, mixed with jam or preserves to make my own flavored yogurts, on sliced cucumbers with dill, etc.

Hard-boiled eggs are a handy grab-and-go breakfast; boil them the night before, then leave them in the fridge overnight. They're easier to peel when cold, and highly portable. Also, just 70 calories apiece. If you're really pressed for time in the mornings, boil and peel them the night before, then put the peeled eggies in a plastic Ziplock bag in the fridge.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    So many ideas!

French toast with berries and yogurt
    Toast with PB
    Cereal
    Oats
    Pancakes with greek yogurt
    Smoothie
    Poached/scrambled/boiled/fried eggs
  • lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    A glass of "nanogreens" and an apple with almond butter. YUM!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I make myself a tasty protein shake that I can drink in the car

1 cup of Almond milk
    150gm of low fat vanilla yoghurt
    25gm chocolate protein shake
    10gm ground flaxseed

sometimes I'll add a little bit of vitarium sugar free drinking chocolate to make it even more chocolatey!

I may even throw in some banana :) yum!

Some mornings I'll have a bowl of low fat vanilla yoghurt with gluten free meusli and bran fibre toppers :)