Replies

• UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Dad - Puerto Rican & Spanish
    Mom - Puerto Rican & Native American
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    Wow so many exciting heritages! I'm just English. How boring. Worked out family tree back to the 1600s... and they were all English. I suppose that explains my ridiculously pale skin!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Italian/Irish. Always ready to love. Always ready to fight. Always ready to drink. Not always in that order. :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Nationality? American...heritage...well, that's more complicated.

German, French, English and suspected illegitimate African American/Native American.

Basically, my grandma's side of the family (dad's mom) were French plantation owners in the south when previously many Native Americans and African American slaves fled to Florida (it was still under Spanish rule and the Spaniards treated them more humanely than the Americans did), many of them had children together that were later taken and distributed to plantations to work as slaves.

And we all know slave owners frequently got down with their slaves, so yeah. That's why I'm brown and have various Native American features. And why my dad's grandfather was a bit fairer than I am, but had CLEARLY African American features.

But of course, according to my grandma, that side of the family was all French white people and that's it. Had to let the old folks live in fantasy land lol
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Honky Hawaiian
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    American.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    TEXAN....................

So, funny you refer to your nationality as Texan...My mother is a 4th or 5th generation Texan. My great grandmother, grandmother and grandfather would refer to themselves as Texans rather than Americans or Mexicans...

My nationality is American. I guess you could say my ethnciity is Mexican with Spanish maybe some American Indian and maybe some Middle Eastern (rumor has it that one of my great grandmother's family may have been from the Middle East). My family has lived in the United Sates for more than 150 years and there is a possiblity a handful of my ancestors came to the United States when the boarders moved...one day they were in Mexico and the next day they were living in the United States and they did not leave their homes.

I am 7 th gen. The first person in my family born in Texas was in 1827.

Haha yes, TEXAN is my nationality!! Born and raised!!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    American first - African American, Spanish and something European *shrugs*
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm AMERICAN. red, white & blue - what's it to ya?
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Native American and Irish
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Italian and Arabic (Lebanese/Syrian -- they were nomads) on my dad's side

Polish and Lithuanian on my mom's.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Native American
    Irish
    African American
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Mohawk (my grandpa was full blooded) and Cherokee indian and irish (grandma) from my dads side. (Yesss I have my roll number)

German (my grandma was full blooded) and Cherokee indian and french (my grandpa) from my moms side.

I always laugh bcuz this makes my poor son: white, native american, mexican, and black. My lil mutt. Haahahaha
    When they ask me what nationality my son is I somtimes wanna say hes white (hes totally darker then me by FAR) just too see thier expression. Hahahaha.
  • mscrystel
    mscrystel Posts: 1
    Options
    I am philipino , spanish , and thai
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Irish, Scots Irish, English and French.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    English. And proud of it! :heart:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    TEXAN....................

So, funny you refer to your nationality as Texan...My mother is a 4th or 5th generation Texan. My great grandmother, grandmother and grandfather would refer to themselves as Texans rather than Americans or Mexicans...

My nationality is American. I guess you could say my ethnciity is Mexican with Spanish maybe some American Indian and maybe some Middle Eastern (rumor has it that one of my great grandmother's family may have been from the Middle East). My family has lived in the United Sates for more than 150 years and there is a possiblity a handful of my ancestors came to the United States when the boarders moved...one day they were in Mexico and the next day they were living in the United States and they did not leave their homes.

I am 7 th gen. The first person in my family born in Texas was in 1827.

Haha yes, TEXAN is my nationality!! Born and raised!!

I wasn't born in Texas, but I wish I was... the best I can do is born in the south.... :happy: My little one was born here though.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Scottish and German.
  • daniellie23
    daniellie23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    100% Jamaican
  • nanatsuiro
    nanatsuiro Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nationality: Chilean