How often do you go to the gym

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How often do you go to the gym

Never. Too poor to afford gym membership.

I do workout anywhere from 3-5 times a week at home though
  • jessicagraves1212
    jessicagraves1212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    2xd a day 7x days a week. lift and cardio in the am and cardio at night for 5 days and 2 days of all cardio
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Depends- when the weather is great, I go 3x a week to lift and do cardio outdoors. When its winter, I go 5x a week!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I workout at home, and I lift 4 days a week and do cardio 5-6 days. I also do pilates every single morning. If you are going to the gym, I would aim for four days a week. On the other days, you could choose light exercises like walking that don't require a trip to the gym.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

I first lost weight 3 years ago just walking around the neighborhood & using a treadmill ....

When I finally joined a gym a year ago, the staff encouraged me to come in 3-4 times a week ...... now I like it so much that I'm there 6 days a week doing cardio, weights & yoga ......

Best of luck to you !
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Monday Chest and Back Heavy, Football in the evening
    Tuesday Arms Heavy, Spin Class in the evening
    Wednesday Abs Quads, Hamstrings and Calves, Sparticus in the evening
    Thursday Chest and Back, Football Evening
    Friday Arms and Shoulders, Sparticus
    Saturday Football or very heavy sets Squats, Deadlift, clean and jerk, that kind of stuff
    Sunday Rest/ food shopping which is usually harder than a gym session :S
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I never go to the gym.
    I workout at home 3-4x per week (calisthenics and strength training)...
    And I run 3-4x per week (5kms).....
  • jeaniper
    jeaniper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    9-10 times a week

40 mins of Spinning 2 times/week
    60 mins of Boxing/MMA 4 times/week
    50 mins of Circuit training 3 times/week
    Walking my dog everyday

Previously a trainer told me 3 times per week will help u maintain but 4+ will help you loose weight but I am still struggling so I don't know.
  • jabcrosshook
    Options
    4x a week (it's a mma gym though)

Mon - Muay Thai
    Tues - Boxing
    Thurs - Boxing
    Fri - Muay Thai

Weekends I try to do outdoor stuff. (beach volleyball, body surfing, stand up paddle boarding, tennis, etc.)
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3x a week.

Day 1
    1 Hour of Cardio and 30 minutes on treadmill

Day 2
    2 Hours of Cardio

Day 3
    1 Hour of Zumba

I work out at home in the morning also.
  • 2legit_2quit
    2legit_2quit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I go every day for an hour and kill it like a boss, I need to start going for longer though if I want to see results.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I try to go 4 nights a week when I can!!!! When I don't, I can usually feel it the following week! However, this week, I'm only going twice as I've too much going on with going to a gig and going on holiday at the weekend! There's things to be bought lol
  • johnpangan
    johnpangan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    6x a week during off when I'm bulking. During my contest prep, everyday for 3 months. It might a little too much for others but I just love being in the gym.
  • meredith2780
    Options
    Hello. I don't go to the gym at all. I have found some amazing workouts that I do in the comfort of my own home. Yes it took some self discipline and dedication to do that, to keep myself motivated but the workouts are what did it. Once I started seeing results, and it really took one week, I wanted to push to do more. I have done TurboFire, Chalean Extreme and Insanity. All AWESOME workouts. I try to stick with the schedule that comes with the programs and workout between 5-6 days a week. If you'd like to find out more just let me know or you can check out my site www.beachbodycoach.com/meredithD. In terms of the 3 days a week, I would say that is a good start, especially if you are new to working out. Then after a bit of time you can build up.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Gym usually 5 days a week and then 2 or 3 outdoor runs as well. Now that it is getting warmer out I am scaling back at the gym and going outside more.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Never been to a gym in my life. I've only ran on a treadmill once in my life when I stayed at a hotel while on vacation.

I've only run outdoors and have a set of free weights upstairs. I've run 5ks, 8ks, 10ks, 2 half-marathons, 1 full-marathon and numerous other races like the Warrior Dash. Just started doing Jillian Michael's DVDs for core work.

I'm 5'11" and was 165 lbs and ran track in h.s. -- I'm 167 lbs or so now. 99% of it has been my diet. Eat right and plenty of water......oh and run, run, run.....
  • Needtolose3
    Needtolose3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies

I've decided to try 4 days gyming, that's a hour long n 1 day rest/recovery.

I would like to lose 20 odd pounds so hope this helps

I do 20 mins on. Bike, 10 mins on cross trainer n 20 on treadmill does this seem ok, n every two days I'll do weight as I have alot of jelly to tone ;)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. At least 40 minutes elliptical and then some strength. Additional strength 4 days a week at home using kettlebell.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    4-5 times per week. Aerobics daily (when I get to go) and rotate Upper body/lower body weights... at least 2 upper and 2 lower each week. Works well for me at this point.