Star Wars, Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this debate as I love both Star Wars and Star Trek... but Battlestar Galactica? Really? It doesn't even rate!!

Please tell me that you are mistakenly referencing the 1970s BSG and not the new hotness.

Well... yes... after the 70's BSG, I didn't waste my time to bother with the new show.
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    Battlestar Galactica, most definitely. I just love the part where Yoda and the Enterprise are fighting off that bald guy without a nose. And really, who doesn't love John Travolta in dreadlocks?

Um... I'm pretty certain John Travolta wasn't in BSG, he was in that HORRIBLE movie Battlefield Earth. That wins your list?!?!?!!

THATs the part you pulled from that post? really?
    oh the funnies.

If that's supposed to be a funny post the humor is lost on me. If I don't take it seriously then it's just stupid. What should I do?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this debate as I love both Star Wars and Star Trek... but Battlestar Galactica? Really? It doesn't even rate!!

Please tell me that you are mistakenly referencing the 1970s BSG and not the new hotness.

Well... yes... after the 70's BSG, I didn't waste my time to bother with the new show.

I suggest you rethink your position. One of the bests shows in recent memory.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Star wars HOWEVER, Only the ones with Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamell.
    None of that wussy Hayden Christensen crap.

^This.

But I don't see it as a really fair comparison, considering that Star Wars is a movie and the other two are shows. Now, if you wanna compare Farscape to Star Trek and BSG, we can do that. I choose Farscape.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Battlestar Galactica, most definitely. I just love the part where Yoda and the Enterprise are fighting off that bald guy without a nose. And really, who doesn't love John Travolta in dreadlocks?

Um... I'm pretty certain John Travolta wasn't in BSG, he was in that HORRIBLE movie Battlefield Earth. That wins your list?!?!?!!

oh the funnies.

If that's supposed to be a funny post the humor is lost on me. If I don't take it seriously then it's just stupid. What should I do?

Lebron-James-Nike-What-Should-I-Do-ad.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

70's BSG sucked, but the new one was fantastic. It's on Netflix. At least watch the first two miniseries episodes. Good stuff.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Battlewars Treklactica.

Sorry but i couldn't choose. Each one is great in their own special way.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    sg1.jpg

^ ♥
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I suggest you rethink your position. One of the bests shows in recent memory.

Debatable. But I'm just glad no one tried to put Starship Troopers in this list. Historically, the WORST sci-fi movie series ever made!! Even when the fabulous Neil Patrick Harris, that movie still sucked balls!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Star Wars > BSG > Star Trek

For me it's BSG> Star Trek> Star Wars

This saddens me. I grew up on Star Wars and, with the inclusion of the Extended Universe, there is not a larger unified "universe" in fiction. I am a huge fan of massive, involved stories and BSG has that but Star Trek just seems so episodic and boring to me. Maybe I am more of a Science Fantasy Fan than Science Fiction.

Don.t be sad! As nerds and geeks and dorks we are all united! So Say We All.....
  • mmmfryingpan
    Options
    startrek - hands down!

its only logical!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

oh the funnies.

grow a sense of humor?
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Pittshkr.

cripple.gif
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Star Wars-Old school, but also Clone Wars and expanded universe.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    you might as well ask me which limb I could do without. While I (obviously) am a SW nerd, each of the choice had levels of awesome and fail. I'd watch anyone over and over.

Nerd to your mother. :tongue:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    grow a sense of humor?

Perhaps his sense of humor is from Chulak.

pew pew pew

Teal'cLaugh.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ♥!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine

Otherwise; Star Wars
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Star Wars. When you got to meet your favorite character, life is complete ;)