Your motto for this should be:

Officium Subigo

(Duty Compels).

Do the right thing

(Operor rectus res, by the way)
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    God knows, that's what I'd do. But cheap booze and cheap hookers, so I'd have extra money to give my car the expensive wash at the automatic car wash.

Oh, I know, right?!? With the air dry and wax and everything!
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love that there are so many people posting what I believe to be the right thing to do if this were a real situation...and of course that is to give it back! Thats why I tried to make it easy saying there was a name and address on the envelope.

P.S. for those of you who think this is based on reality please relax... I'm in love with the show "What Would You Do?" it comes on ABC and its always interesting to me the responses people have to situations that are often potentially life threatening. Considering MFP as a reference point I thought food based was an interesting topic. Some people on the show sit idly by doing nothing or will be surprised and voice concern but still do nothing. Personally I love the people of action it renews my faith in people and sometimes shocks me the lengths they will go to try and do the right thing!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Clearly the Universe wants me to spend $200 on delicious food as a reward for losing all this weight. It would be rude to ignore opportunity knocking. ;)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Find the owner or return to sender.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'd seal it and stick it back in the mail to go to the correct address.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    God knows, that's what I'd do. But cheap booze and cheap hookers, so I'd have extra money to give my car the expensive wash at the automatic car wash.

Oh, I know, right?!? With the air dry and wax and everything!

Maybe I'd even take to the human operated wash to have give Betsy and good rub down. All depends on the hooker.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I would seal the envelope with the card inside (of course) and write "wrong address and return to sender" on it. Throw it back in the mailbox for the mailcarrier and forget it ever happened.
  • Sheila4046
    Sheila4046 Posts: 28
    Options
    Easy give it back. You'll be blessed for it.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love that there are so many people posting what I believe to be the right thing to do if this were a real situation...and of course that is to give it back! Thats why I tried to make it easy saying there was a name and address on the envelope.

P.S. for those of you who think this is based on reality please relax... I'm in love with the show "What Would You Do?" it comes on ABC and its always interesting to me the responses people have to situations that are often potentially life threatening. Considering MFP as a reference point I thought food based was an interesting topic. Some people on the show sit idly by doing nothing or will be surprised and voice concern but still do nothing. Personally I love the people of action it renews my faith in people and sometimes shocks me the lengths they will go to try and do the right thing!

Oh, haha, I was just sitting here thinking "why are you even asking that?!!" lol

Nice to see so many honest people though :)