Wine, Wine, WINE!

Options
124»

Replies

• mrsmarion2b
    Options
    I also love my wine, and like others have said, measure out your 5 oz. glass and enjoy sipping it slowly. There is no real need to down a whole bottle in one sitting. Count it in your calorie intake for the day as well. I have it as a treat maybe once per week, but I used to drink it alot more than that before I had my little girl 8 weeks ago. Since having her though I can't drink it as much since it makes me feel really weird. Hope this helps!
  • LBPerkins
    LBPerkins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!!!

Tell me about one of your favorite wines...and WHY?
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love a glass (or many) of wine, but I've really cut back because there are so many calories in it, and none of them good! I save it for a special occassion - dinner out, party with friends. I usually order a big glass of water with it and make myself drink an entire glass of water with each glass of wine. Trust me, you spend so much time in the bathroom, you don't have as much time to drink! Also, the water keeps you hydrated and you're less likely to suffer from headaches the next day.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I do that too sometimes. . . Fresca and white wine is a really nice wine cooler. And I weigh the wine on my diet scale. ice, tare (zero out) 3 oz wine, tare, and 1/2 can Fresca, and repeat.

I have a glass of wine every day and my doc says it is fine. But lots of wine is how I got my butt so big. I pour wine at a winery every other weekend, and I used to drink 2 to 3 glasses a dinner. But I cut it down to 6 ounces now (and put a glass of water on the table before you start) put the bottle away before you start eating. You have to weigh or measure the wine or you can easily get more calories with the giant glasses most of us have.

I love my little scale!
  • emmamaree71
    Options
    I run for Pinot.

haha! LOVE.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I budget my diary for wine.

On another note, you may have to decide what is more important, though.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!!!

Charles Shaw from Trader Joe's. It's $2,99 a bottle. Doesn't have a screw cap. And tastes better than any of the higher end wines I've tried. My favorites are all of the Reds and the Sauvignon Blanc
  • damamm0927
    Options
    I'm limiting it to weekends and ugh it is awful!!! maybe I will start cutting out some snacks to figure it back into a weekday or 2
  • emmamaree71
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!!!

Charles Shaw from Trader Joe's. It's $2,99 a bottle. Doesn't have a screw cap. And tastes better than any of the higher end wines I've tried. My favorites are all of the Reds and the Sauvignon Blanc

Charles Shaw is SO good! I also have been drinking Rex & Goliath Sauvignon Blanc... most places its $5! And, I can't lie to you, I drink Franzia because I'm BROKE... the Crisp White is really sweet with only 105 cals per 5oz :)